Houzz Logo Print
ornela20

Ho do I make this window look centered

Amy D
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5
I’m closing on this house next week in Southwest FL. Everything from the formal living room is going. New paint new chandelier, New curtains.
This sliding window is not centered, what should I do with it?

I love transitional style, traditional, French country.

Комментарии: 10

• J Gregory
    Is it a sliding door?
  • Amy D
    Автор
    Yes sliding windows
  • decoenthusiaste

When you get in, take down the curtains and let us see what you're dealing with.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

A tall plant in the corner and moving the wall chest over a bit should help the appearance.

• PRO
    Deb Reinhart Interior Design Group, Inc.

There are many questions unasked and unanswered in this design dilemma.

The key question is which way does the door open and what exposure is the opening? Florida absolutely needs adequate light control.

Without context-I often offset drapery panels to center a window. Please note for best light control--[ affordable] remote control window treatments are available now without hard wiring--. Technology gives alot more options.

The 'New Traditional' is a term which describes eclectic design-incorporating the best of many styles-french country could pop with transitional elements.

As an interior designer--I totally endorse a holistic approach to the room. Florida light is so unique and influences interior design greatly.

• jck910

This is not the OP's drapery or furniture

• PRO
    toddinmn

I would just move the walk over or do as the Thera suggested. I wouldn’t. Sorry to much as I doubt this would be the reason someone buys or not.

• apple_pie_order

I'd love to see it once the curtains are gone.

• Amy D
    Автор
    Thanks everyone.

Like I said nothing in this room is staying.

Sliding door opens left to right.
    There’s window all the way to the left where curtain starts.
    Windows collect on the outside as they slide. Very stupid idea. We close next week. I will take pictures without the disgusting window treatment.
Sponsored