Houzz Logo Print
heather_stewart78

Help with dining room design dilemma.

Heather Green
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Unsure of how to decorate this dining room based on layout with furniture. I'm referring to the basics..wall art, curtain length, area rug, etc. I lack ability to design or decorate. Note: getting navy farmhouse chairs for seating opposite bench seating.

Комментарии: 4

• oaktonmom

Very handsome pooch!

• PRO
    Roberts Construction Services, LLC

Consider removing the tables in the corners, and possibly replacing with corner shelves. I would do wall decor on the big wall behind the bench. The fixture you currently have is more pub style, a bigger, lower hanging chandelier will compliment the table and bench and give more of a dining room vibe. Good Luck and Happy Decorating!!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

Get rid of the bench they are awful seating at a dining table .The table seems too small for the space, the light needs to be changed to something better with your furniture and hung much lower. While you are at the lighting the kitchen needs a lighting upgrade also. I don’t know what farmhouse chairs are in your mind so would need a picture of those . A rug needs to have at least 30” all the way around the table and with a bench even more. I would start with a bigger table and a rug then work on the space from there.

• Heather Green
    Автор
    The table was a gift and we cannot purchase another as we have limited funds and too many other things to purchase for this empty home. The bench my fiancé and I specifically chose because we prefer to sit together. Farmhouse chairs are these affordable metal chairs. I'm gig to put pillows on them and the bench. How this helps clear up things.
Sponsored