Houzz Logo Print
erica320

living room wall before and after but still needs help for completion

erica320
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
So I am posting a before and after of my living room wall in hopes of some budget friendly suggestions for the top three niches. Each niche is approximately 3 ft side by 8 ft high but I need to be careful to not have anything that takes away from the painting and is not too busy. Any suggestions??

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    Wood + Water
    what about some abstract minimalist art
    erica320 поблагодарил(а): Wood + Water
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

Some really simple pieces of metal sculpture or better yet with that fab piece of art ignore them. I do not like the little metal stand beside the pillar and I can’t really get a feel of the spce without seeing pics from further back

erica320 поблагодарил(а): Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • hatetoshop

I would ignore the niches -- the painting looks fabulous all on its own.

• Susan Davis

I might consider painting the niches the color of the sofa to complement the art work or two shades deeper than the wall color....and put the lights on dimmers down to the lowest point; the light is distracting.

erica320 поблагодарил(а): Susan Davis
  • niccidhg
    I like the lighting that was there in the before version . Am assuming the after version is the bottom picture . Is that correct ? Also, it appears there is molding inside the edges of the after version of the niches. Yes ? I like the empty niches as they are . You could use a single mandevilla branch in each , OR an interesting piece of pottery in each.
    erica320 поблагодарил(а): niccidhg