Houzz Logo Print
randy_hohlweck

What Interior Door Should I Choose for my Project? Help Needed!

Randall Holt
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

I'm updating an old double closet sliding door in an office and am torn between standard colonial wood doors (white) or 10-lite glass doors (white). The current doors (in place) were unfortunately cut to short and hang about 3 inches off of the floor so they will need to be replaced.

Option 1 - Standard colonial wood door

Option 2 - 10-lite glass door

Please let me know your favorite and why - thank you in advance for your opinions.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 8.41.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 8.41.37 PM.png

Комментарии: 4

• pink_peony

If its a closet why would you want glass paned doors? Who wants to view the interior of a closet? If the picture is your space it also would be all paned doors and very busy.

Randall Holt поблагодарил(а): pink_peony
  • PRO
    Therese Ciesinski

Standard doors. You already have two 15-pane doors on each side of the closet, plus wainscoting. Adding more little squares will make the room even busier. The eye needs a place to rest.

• PRO
    Attaway Homes

Definitely standard doors. Your closet isn't an area you want to be able to see inside of all the time. I agree with the comment above as well, there are already the paned doors on each side, so paned closet doors would be too much. Good Luck!

• WaxLaxRox
    Instead, do a rustic white barn door. Maybe not rustic depending on the style of your house, but a barn door is always a great and easy feature. I have one for my bedroom closet and it looks great, so if you were to use it, it would look great there too!