Houzz Logo Print
cindyrr

WHICH EXTERIOR REMODEL?

Sharon
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Please vote on / tell me about your preferred exterior between these three photos and also

give a valuation for the house based on exterior. The first photo is the original exterior. I am trying to increase the home appeal and value. Not sure what the build cost would be but would assume 1-200k. Give your build estimate too! Thanks!!!! (This house is in OXSHOTT, SURREY UK). OH! Also, feel free to change the photo and add your own exterior or improve my graphics). My goal is to make this home look like it is worth the most possible (given other homes in Oxshott, Cobham and Esher)- look on rightmove for comparison. Thanks!!! Extra note, to use the roofspace, I would need to rebuild the entire roof because it is not structurally strong.. poor beam construction.

Комментарии: 10

• Sharon
    Автор

Thank you Jonathan. I am in a gated end of road with 5 other similar homes to my original. The nearest 2 homes outside our gate look closer to the last photo. Most other homes in Oxshott look like the 1st photo. If I choose the quoins look, I'd consider using brick slips.. or.. just remove the front facing 30's style tiling and hope there is nice brick under and just add simulation quoins- they are avail in plaster/foam... I face a forest so am not looking onto a neighbor. I will consider planning permission after I decide which exterior I prefer..

• Sharon
    Автор

Hi. Also if I don't change the fenestration but just the windows and entrance, please can you give me an idea of what type of windows would be best and entry porch?

• PRO
    User

The only person qualified to comment on the value would be a local estate agent. Build costs too are difficult, as there are so many variables. They also depend on the layout of the inside, and how much will need to change to facilitate the look on the outside. It depends on materials used, the complexity of changing the roof etc. You cannot tell just by looking at a picture i'm afraid. However, to remove the roof and do any remedial work inside plus change the facade is exceptionally unlikely to come to 100K and if it did the house would need to be cheap enough to start with to command the construction price versus selling price.

• Catrine
    The second photo is my favourite but they are all nice
  • A B

My photo is for the original house

• Kathy
    I think the ideas about changing the roof line work well but I prefer the style of the 70s original. In my opinion, the second style or too ostentatious and I really don't like fake Tudor.I think it's best to work with original era and style. Fashions change.
  • A S
    I prefer the second image with the brick and stone.
  • ctw6261 Warburton
    Don’t mess about trying to restyle as a mock anything .Original house looks great as it is .
  • PRO
    Verge Group

Personally render and timber don't mix unless you like repainting every year. Timber expands and contracts leaving cracks against solid surfaces. Price depends on how much of the house you overhaul including externals, to what level of finish and assuming it's unoccupied.