Houzz Logo Print
3babyblues

Tan windows installed

3babyblues
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Looking for ideas to blend in tan windows. Our builder installed tan instead of white and instead of having them all replaced, we’d rather think of a way to make them work. The exterior will be blue hardie board. Front door will be stained wood. Trim will be white. I do not like the look of tan trim.
Thanks!

Комментарии: 16

• miss lindsey (She/Her)

You are more forgiving than I...

Is blue siding an absolute must? You could use a sage green instead with an almond trim colour and then the tan windows would seem a natural fit:

The Baywood · Еще

• miss lindsey (She/Her)

Here's blue with tan windows. They repeated the tan in siding; you could use stone or brick (you don't mention the architectural style of the house)

The Carling model · Еще

• 3babyblues
    Автор

This is our forever home... don’t want to change from blue. It’s a cape cod farmhouse. There will be shake above the garage door and around the bonus window so I was thinking that could be tan to coordinate with the windows. Also wondering which color should garage door be? Tan with white trim like the windows? It was going to be white before the window mistake.

• visualizemaven

Is there any way you can send us photos? Even if the job is in progress it would be helpful.

I don't even know what shade of blue and what shade of tan and.......

• 3babyblues
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Ok. We haven’t chosen the blue color yet... I’m hoping for a darker blue. The windows maybe could be called almond. They’re not dark tan.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)

This is our forever home... don’t want to change from blue

I think it's worth getting the windows you want.

• 3babyblues
    Автор
    I understand that... my Dad said the same thing. The blue house is not something I would want to give up. If I can find a way to blend in the tan windows into the color scheme, it will be easier for everyone. I’m ok with that, even though it’s not my first choice.
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)

OK that's fair. Only you know what battles you want to fight.

Navy blue could look nice with a dusky red trim. Match the garage doors to the front door.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)

A palette similar to this is beautiful. A bit blue-er on the siding would still look great if this is too green.

Lake Winnipesaukee Home · Еще

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

are you at least getting a discount on something because of the mix-up?

tan and blue look fine together. if you posted an actual picture of the window, not at night and not from 25 feet away, and a picture of the blue siding you're considering, it would be easier to offer suggestions. this is Boothbay blue, Hardie siding. is this the one you like?

this is it on this home. with white windows.

here is Evening Blue w/Arctic White trim, Hardie

maybe this will help. blue siding, tan windows w/white trim work

• 3babyblues
    Автор
    Thanks for the ideas... I do like the last one with the white trim around the tan windows. It shows how the shake would look in tan too. The front door will be stained wood so the garage door won’t be able to match it. Should we go with tan like the windows with white trim? Or white with white trim?
  • PRO
    Beth H. :

can you do the wood garage doors?

or the blue to match the house, white trim (no tan)

or maybe do the shakes around the doors?

can't find a blue house,,but here is gray w/gray doors

• tatts

Almond is often a yellow-y tan, so I'd be careful with blues.

• 3babyblues
    Автор

I took a closer picture this morning to show the color and compare to the white door on the rear porch. Thank you for all the help and ideas. As long as the windows are trimmed in white, I think the tan color can be used as an accent and still work with the white and blue.

• PRO
    Amelia Vallone Interiors

Can they be painted? I would paint windows and back door in the same color.