Houzz Logo Print
sdsth

How can I make this large entrance look inviting?

Stella Hansen
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

this large entrance passage is 9m long need some ideas how I can make it look more inviting... are on a tight budget, so low cost options are great. currently have a small stone entrance table

Комментарии: 16

• PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    What about a light feature & some nice art or framed photos on the wall? :)
  • scottevie

You have a lovely space for a photo wall. I would also suggest pulling your table out from the corner and centre it between the doorway and corner. A lamp if you have a power point available would be nice and welcoming in the evening.

• m_mdimond

How about a large piece of art at the back wall near the glass doors that would bring the eye to the end for a start. maybe a nice long hall rug with soft shadings as well as suggested a wall of family photos just don't go crazy and over do it the space seems to have good light from the adjoining rooms maybe a modern style chandelier to give interest. Lots of modern ideas on this link:

https://www.pinterest.com.au/ylighting/modern-chandeliers/

Also lots of ideas re halls on this link..I particularly like the hall rug one

https://www.pinterest.com.au/search/pins/?q=how%20to%20make%20a%20hallway%20look%20brighter&rs=typed&term_meta[]=how%20to%20make%20a%20hallway%20look%20brighter%7Ctyped

Stella Hansen поблагодарил(а): m_mdimond
  • julie herbert
    I would hang some fab art , a larger table to display some gorgeous pieces, keep it simple and beautiful
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images

Get a runner, console table and mirror above it. You can create photo gallery on the walls or hang framed pictures.

• oklouise

add a few oversize plants

• PRO
    Bad Kitty Design Services

Using a bold paint colour will probably be the cheapest option. The inset walls on the living room side are perfect. You might want to take inspiration from the fabulous master of colour Mexican architect Luis Barragan. I've attached an example. A warm colour in the colour spectrums between yellow and red will make the space more inviting. Check out the Resene website for some hallway inspiration.

• macyjean

I think the table disappears. It is sideways in the far corner as you enter and the colour blends into the background. It's a nice table but it doesn't appear to be doing anything except trying not to be noticed. Does it serve any purpose? Is it a dropzone for keys and mail for instance? If you want to keep it in the hallway I agree with the advice to move it to the centre of the wall instead of in the corner. I also like the idea of a bold wall colour or a large bold artwork. Do you need anything else in the hallway, mirror, coat hooks, an umbrella stand?

• KK1000
    In the entrance couple of matching very large ornate mirrors almost from top to bottom of the wall to create drama and 4 large matching pots with tall indoor plants . You can have mirrors custom made I have reused couple huge bathroom mirrors to a great effect in the corridor. Some artwork as well.
  • KK1000
    Some ideas
  • PRO
    Amanda Smythe Design

I agree with all advice to centre the console table. Add a mirror above it and a taller, fuller plant. A couple of statement artworks on the large wall spaces and some pendant lights if budget allows.

Stella Hansen поблагодарил(а): Amanda Smythe Design
  • PRO
    McDonald Jones Homes

Lighting, plants, wall art and mirrors are an excellent way to dress up any hallway. Good luck!

• PRO
    Cipriano Italian Home Design

I am all about this look

• PRO
    Nathalie Scipioni Architects

A runner will always make a hallway/corridor more inviting and cosy. Hanging pictures on the wall will ensure to add more of your personality, especially because you are dealing with very neutral tones. Mirrors are handy as they make spaces appear larger than they are. Adding a shelf with a plant will add some positive feeling to the space too.

• PRO
    Bluethumb Online Art Gallery

Hey! You need some vibrant art on those walls!

An affordable option is a limited edition print of an original. Check out the range from different Australian artists on our site :)

https://bluethumb.com.au/artworks/medium/print