Houzz Logo Print
annlew1

Laminate flooring in hall and landing but carpet on stairs?

annlew1
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Can we use hard flooring all over a small house except for the steep stairs?

Комментарии: 10

• annlew1
    Автор

Thanks for posting this pic. Looks really nice.

• PRO
    Create Perfect

We also do it regularly Ann so it won't be a problem. Most of the time my clients prefer to have the stairs covered in the softness or carpet :)

• annlew1
    Автор

Thanks that's reassuring

• fullrenov

Hi, the carpet looks very striking. Can I ask what limestone you have ? It looks very uniform for a limestone and I am looking for something similar.

Thanks

• annlew1
    Автор

The pic was in response to my question so you should contact him

• PRO
    Discount Flooring Depot

Hi, yes you can use hardwood on the stairs but you fitter has to be experienced in fitting onto stairs as it can be pretty tricky. Here are photos from our customer's stairs.

annlew1 поблагодарил(а): Discount Flooring Depot
  • annlew1
    Автор

Thanks for sending these. I live the light wood and tiled risers.

• PRO
    Floor Monster

Hi there,

We have a couple of option when it comes to stair set. We have a couple of option in stock now . The colours that it is available in is Smoked oak, Natural oak, Grey oak and Walnut.

If you want to check out our extensive range here:https://www.floormonster.co.uk/accessories/staircases.html

if you do have any queries at all please do not hesitate ti get in touch via email or you can call us on 0141 887 5698.

Kind Regards,

Floor Monster team

• PRO
    Cormar Carpets
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Hi Ann, you most certainly can! We think it makes a lovely design statement. Halls and stairs are great spots to introduce personal style and you can afford to be bold in your interior choices. If your hallway and staircase is a wide, open and airy space, why not let a striped carpet take centre stage. Cormar’s Avebury collection, pictured
    below, is made from 100% pure new wool comes in either a neat, level loop pile or
    a textured loop pile and offers four tonal striped designs and eight plain, stylish shades: https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/product_avebury/product_avebury.php.
    A bold carpet colour might be overpowering in a large living room but can look at home on a staircase. Experiment with a deep homely purple (Cormar’s Sensation Twist in Wild Cherry) or a charcoal grey shade to add a pop of style. Complement with lots of white or cream woodwork to keep the look simple and sophisticated. https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/product_sensationtwist/product_sensationtwist.php

Let us know what you decide to go with!