Houzz Logo Print
david_coll95

Ultra-slimline Sliding Doors from Cortizo

David Coll
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Anyone familiar with COR vision sliding doors from an Italian Company called Cortizo? How do they compare with the MaxLight?

Комментарии: 34

• David Coll
    Автор
    Thanks. I’m looking to cover an opening of around 7.7 meters, with three panels, with all the panels sliding. How easy will it be to slide the panels - a little concerned that the weight may make this a little difficult? Perhaps I can come see the Cor Vision doors in your showroom in Byfleet?
  • PRO
    HBD Systems

We do the cortezo system but also the AIR lift and slide system which might work for you if you are worried about the weight. The doors are lifted onto runners when you lift the handle making them very easy to slide!

Hannah

• PRO
    Skyglaze Ltd
    Latest Cor Vision Plus installs from Skyglaze
  • Alexandra J
    I am wanting cor vision plus for 16 meters 4 x 4 meter panels and 2 x 3 meter returns. Does anybody have a idea of cost for this?
  • PRO
    HBD Systems

Morning Alexandra,

This is right on the limit of the Corvision sizes, would you be able to send us a copy of your plans and we will be more than happy to get you a price for this! sales@hbdsystems.co.uk I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards

Hannah

• Alexandra J
    Hi Hannah,

I have just emailed you my plans as requested.
  • PRO
    Skyglaze Ltd
    Hi Alexandra

Skyglaze Ltd were the first UK company to manufacture and install Cor Vision Plus and we worked closely with Cortizo in the development of the complete system we are approved manufacturers and installers of the doors and a visit to

www.skyglaze.co.uk

You will find a complete gallery of our installations of Cor Vision Plus

Feel free to email us your drawings for a estimate or call the sales team on 01932 354821
  • Alexandra J
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 5
    Hi All, I am current getting sliding doors fitted to my kitchen extension, timber roof no glass.

The extension is 16m x 10m with glass slides the full length/width.

I have been told it’s essential to get air conditioning in this room due to the amount of glass but this is an expense I could do without.

Any thoughts?
  • Matt Hardy
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Alexandra

You should specify a solar control glass such as SN70/37 from guardian glass this greatly reduces heat gain

• Khyati

Hi

I am looking for similar type of Sliding doors, some details below

- 3 x Panel UltraSlim Slider (20mm sightlines) area covering total area 6.6m (each door panel 2.1m x 2.1m) approx.

- 1 x Fixed UltraSlim Glaze(20mm sightlines) area (2.1m x 2.1m)

With respect to Cor Vision PLUS product, please see attached pic i am looking for something like this?

- Does this include Minimalistic Sliding design installed with the surrounding frame hidden within the wall/ceiling finish to enhance frameless aesthetic? Also are the sightlines only 20mm?

- Does this include Motorised version to completely hide the sash within the frame in closing position?

- Do they offer Fixed glaze Framelessas well?

- Also Does my builder need to take care of any construction requirements around enabling Hidden Frames for Slider,,

Any thoughts?

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY

Hello Khyati

Any of the slim sliding doors on the market from Cortizo, Reynaers etc should give you the look you want - they're all very similar with aesthetics. It's best to always go see some products as there are always factors to consider with these types of doors.

The hidden frame is considered at the design and building stage and your builder should work with a suitable installer to get the look you want.

Important. Please do your research on the whole "20mm sightline" This look is only at the door mullions and many people expect the frame to be similar sizes which it isn't. Again always go see some products, see the doors fitted and look at how the dimensions vary at the mullion and then at the head, cill and sides (jambs) of the doors. We are frequently contacted by people who expected the same dimensions all the way round and surprised when they weren't.

The motor for these doors is usually in the ceiling. Automatic sliding doors are great and we've yet to hear of reliability issues with them but do consider like most things, technology changes and if this your long-term home how these doors will be in 15 or so years when they're well out of guarantee. If the motor ever failed would it still be available and the considerable work involved in accessing it for repairs.

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Nick

• Khyati

Thats great advice, will bear that in mind as we have lined up a few visits with vendors 👍

• PRO
    Skyglaze Ltd

cor vision plus

• PRO
    Frameless Glass Curtains Ltd
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

We'll also be happy to help with Cortizo sliding doors as well as our frameless patio doors in a slide and stack design and with no visible mullions. These also offer a near frameless solution but with even fewer vertical sightlines than sliding doors and all the functionality of a bifold when you want it.

www.fgc.co.uk or leave us a message.

• Hitesh Patel
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

Hi, what is the security like on the Cortizo sliding doors and how do they compare to other brands like Schuco? I'm just planning for our renovation and am looking at options.

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

These do have a security rating depending on who you buy them from and the model tested. The Schuco door isn't the same structurally bonded construction so you're not really comparing like for like. There is one door with a good security rating which is the Sunvista sliding door from Compass Glass which is also slimmer than Cortizo and also has a better threshold detail and stacks neater. That's worth comparing with this product.

Security ratings also take into account factors such as the glass - most doors are tested with laminated glass whereas many installers provide toughened glass as standard. So best advice is check with your chosen supplier of these doors. Or get in touch and will try to assist further.

• Hitesh Patel

Thank you. I am looking at Schuco, Cortizo and Reynaers - can you tell me where they sit in comparison to each other for quality and price?

• isabelleirani
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Hi I am currently reviewing the Cortizo sliding door for our home (9 metres). Our architect is recommending Panoramah which appears to be a lot more expensive. Could you tell me the difference between the two? Eg worth to spend the money or am I buying a brand name premium?

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY

Drop me a message on this and will try to help out

• Bee

We are also looking at ultra slim sliding doors. Two runs of 5m. Our main concern is security, are these doors as secure as other multi lock sliding doors?

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY

Broadly speaking yes they are but it also depends on the product. Feel free to get in touch and will try to assist. Nick

• PRO
    Bespoke Glazing Design

We can certainly can help with Cortizo range - https://www.bespokeglazingdesign.co.uk/our-products/ 

в прошлом году
    Последние изменения: в прошлом году

We had Cortizo visionline fitted 8 months ago wouldnt reccommmend them everytime it rains water filters into the inside track and manufactuer states this is acceptible, also because it gets constantly wet the silicone holding the track down as raised and we cant open the doors past this point as we can not then close them. They may look great but not suitable for british weather and the Nottingham company who fitted them are ignoring our requestes to repair them.

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY
    в прошлом году

Hello, it's hard to get into the specifics of this, but I would probably get in touch with Cortizo directly and see what advice they can offer. This brand is extensively used in the UK, and the issue you mention with water on the track, you should at least get some clarity from the company that designed the product. The nature of sliding doors is that some water on the track is inevitable, but these should be suitably drained so that the water drains away and, of course, does not find its way in.

The silicone you mention sounds like an installation issue, and they should come back and rectify this.

Details for Cortizo UK

Cortizo UK

Whitgift Centre

Meridian House,

11 Wellesley Rd,

Croydon

CR0 2NW,

020 8686 2415

architecture3@cortizo.com

Hope this helps

Kind regards,

Nick

в прошлом году

Thank you for your comment I’ve found it helpful. I have sent details to the head office in Spain but waiting for a reply. Unfortunatley they didn’ t put any drainage holes in at manufacture and they sent various people to cut and drill holes into the frame. It does drain a bit but still the track fills up with water inside and I wondered if everyone had this problem because it is what we’ve been lead to believe by a Corrizo representive from London. We’ve been left with with a frame with holes, scratches and silicone marks so the doors and frames look a mess. Still waiting for the company who installed them to address these problems but we have found Cortizo are not being quick to resolve their part in this and thought it acceptable to leave us with track that looks its batted and years old and not just been installed. So you can see I’m interested if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

• PRO
    Skyglaze Ltd
    в прошлом году

It will be a production fault rather then a issue from Cortizo

is the door a cor vision as visionline is not a product i recognise

Cortizo are very good at sending out a technition and will support you if there is a production fault or an installion issue via one of their fabricators unfortunaly you will have a contract with your supplier who may well have not manufactured the door and brought it via poland or a third party this Cortizo can not control so hopefully your supplier was a fabricator

hope this helps

• T HOW
    Месяцев назад: 11

HU-917356224

Interested to know the installer name, as you noted they are from Nottingham (which is where we are based), and we are looking at a number of installers in this region and would like to avoid any with poor reviews...

• Carlos
    Месяцев назад: 10

Thanks ATS for your reviews, i read your articles on the best sliding doors and checked out a few of your suggested doors. Quite interesting what you learn after requesting north of 20 quotes from different installers/manufacturers. In the end we are likely going for sunvista sliding doors for our extension project. The design is better and more elegant than the cortizo cor vision and vision plus and all in was not more expensive which was a surprise (once you factor in solar control glass, non standard colour frames (free with sunvista), etc.

By way of reference we are going for around 6800mm x 2800mm opening with 3 panels all sliding.

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY
    Месяцев назад: 10

Hello Carlos,

Excellent choice, the Sunvista sliding doors and agree with you on the styling differences. Wishing you all the best with your property project.

Kind regards

Nick

Месяцев назад: 5

hi, what brand would you recommend for 6m sliding doors? i'm seeing various opinions, obviously, but would love some honest guidence!

• PRO
    ALUMINIUM TRADE SUPPLY

Hello, drop me a message or get in touch via the website and happy to suggest some products and companies near you that can help.

Nick

• PRO
    Bespoke Glazing Design

Our design team can certainly answer any questions you have regarding Cortizo Doors. DM us your questions.

Месяцев назад: 4

I have just had Cortizo 4700 3 track sliding sash doors fitted and am astounded that they are fabricated with internal drainage holes on the internal side of the threshold track which results in excessive condensation on the internal threshold track and bottom of the sash frame and window pane. Cortizo are fobbing me off saying its condensation caused by generalised atmospheric conditions which is rubbish because, as an experiment, I plugged these internal drainage holes and the cold air flow and condensation was eliminated.

I don't know how Cortizo can make claims about thermal efficiency and air tightness etc when these internal drainage holes simply permit freezing cold air flow from the outside to the inside and cause condensation issues in the immediate area of these opern apertures.

See photos

If anyone can suggest an alternative sliding door system which does not have internal drainage holes, please let me know.