Houzz Logo Print
abigail_ebejer

Curtain and rug colour

Aby
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Should the curtain and rug match in colour? For the living I'm thinking of white, gold, blue and coral. Would it be weird to have a moroccan style rug in white and blue and then white and coral curtains?
Initially I was thinking of cream and gold curtains. But the furniture is a medium-dark colour and the paint is a light beige so I feel that it would be dull to have neutral curtains.
The knobs for the furniture are gold and also a mirror. Could also put some cushions with gold.
And what about the colour for throw on the sofa? Thanks

Комментарии: 9

• Aby
    Автор
    Till now we only have the kitchen in place. The living room should be ready next month and we'll order the sofa after that to be sure of the size. However we're using fake leather and cream coloured, but we want to put a throw to protect it
  • Carolina

Ah, okay :-) Well... I think that either blue or coral would be a good colour for a throw

• PRO
    User

I agree you can mix and match. I wouldn't match cream and white though, they conflict. Stick to either one as your background.

• Aby
    Автор
    Yes that makes sense. Probably will stick with cream cause white is too bright for my tastes.
  • PRO
    Rebecca Lesley Interiors

I personally would go with your idea of the gold & cream curtains as these will be timeless and then inject some colour into the space with the rug and cushions. Perhaps consider selecting either the blue or the coral rather than both for the rug & cushions as both are strong colours. Royal blues & corals are equally rich colours that work well with golds. You can always add one or two gold satin cushions which will tie in with the golds from the curtains & bring the whole collection together within the space. Hope this helps!

• Carolina

Sorry, but MATH keeps telling people that cream and white can't be mixed, but I think they can.

• Aby
    Автор
    The rug will just be blue and cream/white and then was thinking of having blue and coral and gold for the cushions and decor. Would that be too much?
    And the white and cream do actually look good together
  • Carolina

I don't think it will be too much, it could be lovely.