Houzz Logo Print
debbiekerby

Kitchen countertop

debbiekerby
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

I love the look of Carrara marble but it is just not practical for our lifestyle. What is the closes look to marble in maybe a solid surface or quartz. Any suggestions would be great!

Комментарии: 15

• suzyq53

Quartzite comes closest.

debbiekerby поблагодарил(а): suzyq53
  • suzyq53

• Theresa Eurell

Does this product hold up to water stains?

• User

Solid surface and quartz are so similar. Neither will stain from water.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC

Hard water can destroy engineered stone and natural stone; soap too. Solid surface is immune to both.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/

What does hard water do to engineered/natural stone Joseph? Curious because we have hard water here.

Debbiekerby -- have you considered sticking with a white counter, and adding in the marble with either backsplash, or other decor? I have a marble lazy susan next to my cooktop, and a marble crock-type container holding cooking utensils. White may not be the trendiest way to go, but it makes a nice backdrop for the space.

• debbiekerby
    Автор

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Encorporating marble into the room is a great idea!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC

"What does hard water do to engineered/natural stone Joseph? Curious because we have hard water here."

This isn't hard water, it's soap damage, but the effect is nearly the same:

• acm

There are lots of current quartz lines made to look like marble, so I'd be sure to survey the offerings of a store near you. They're rarely the cheapest patterns, given the popularity, but they can be gorgeous, and will wear much better than either marble or quartzite.

debbiekerby поблагодарил(а): acm
  • PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone

You should visit a supplier and see what appeals to your eye; colors are not all the same, some veining is prettier than others. Even touching some quartz can sway you from one brand to another. Take a piece of cabinetry with you to coordinate everything together.

• PRO
    Lucvaa Kitchens

Depending on where you are, the quartz fabricator or manufacturer may a showroom that features full slabs. I feel that's the best way to get an idea of its similarities to marble. We have CaesarStone Frosty Carrina and HanStone Tranquility in one of our showrooms and our customers love them.

Your budget will determine what kind of quartz you want. Some have the look and feels of marble, whereas others will have the marble-look with a unreal texture.

Try to take one of your doors with you, the bigger the sample you compare it to, the better the idea you'll have on suitability.

• Judy Mishkin
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

for quartz, make sure you see a whole slab. what looks nice on a 4x4 sample can be tiresome on a whole slab, and thats very important if you are doing this on an island that will have no cut outs. quartz isnt cookie cutter repetitive, the way laminates were in the past, but the pattern is *even* the way a natural stone is not.

i love my quartz (LG rococo) but honestly when i see it done as an island top i dont care for it as much, i only have it on perimeter counters.

nothing stains it, not red wine, coffee, or turmeric.

• PRO
    Tammy Trippel Designs

Solid surface counters are nice in lighter tones so you don't see scratches. They can be rebuffed as well. I really like the look and feel of quartz.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
Sponsored