Houzz Logo Print
natalie_ann0

Need help filling a space!

Natalie Ann
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Hello all! We are in the process of redecorating our den. I am not sure what to put on the wall by the big white chair. I was thinking a horizontal open bookshelf. The space is about 65 inches. Please help! Iv added some other pictures of the room to help you understand the size and style. Thank you again

Комментарии: 20

• dover P

Move the chair over and add a round table with a lamp and art piece above

• PRO
    I.G. Furniture
    we do carvings that we could do in a custom size that look good in any room
  • PRO
    Stage Two Sell LLC
    How about a nice small writing desk? The chair seems a bit too deep in the corner.
  • mramsey
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

It is a nice chair but looks a bit like the stand -in- the- corner when you have been naughty chair! Kind of lonely and all by itself. I wonder what it might look like if you added a similar style console/bar cart as your tv console for a bar/snack serving area. Then add another comfy chair with a pub style table for those who would rather play scrabble or chat than watch tv? Also you seriously need some colour & texture- art, throws pillows etc. I am going to look for some inspiration and post the pictures after

Not quite your style, but you get the idea!

More like your tv console

Again, not quite your style, but you can get the feel for a nice cozy spot, maybe just 2 chairs...or maybe 4?

Same idea a bit more elegant, the chairs don't have to match

• mramsey

BTW if you search HOUZZ for pillows/throws in your chosen colours you will be amazed at the variety.

• groveraxle

Either pull the chair up to the corner of the chaise or send it somewhere else to live. It looks like a time out chair in the corner.

I'd probably do a console with art above on the empty wall. Or if not enough space, just a very large canvas.

• Natalie Ann
    Автор
    Yes it's missing a lot. We just started adding things to the room. So all suggestions are welcome. Still searching for the perfect throw and tray for the ottoman... art work etc. Thank you love the ideas you posted. I may look into a desk or bar cart
  • Natalie Ann
    Автор
    What color end tables would you do? Also would you put one on both ends?
  • dover P

• Natalie Ann
    Автор
    Dover are you suggesting this by the chair or by the couch? I love the table. Not sure about the lift wood
  • dover P

You could do a dark brown almost black and it could be for by the couch or the chair. could be a natural color wood with smoother finish.

• dover P

• dover P

On the wall behind the sofa you could do a Grid of pictures( in Black and White or color) in white frames, Round table near the sofa with lamp which will give balance and height to that wall, and neat the chair do a gold floor lamp with a large canvas painting.

I would also add some candle sconces on either side of the TV with a nice green plant in the corner to the left.

• DH

My first thought was to add a little writing desk, too. You could use the chair at the writing desk and pull it closer if you need extra seating. With a little desk lamp and art above the desk, that should look quite cozy. I would do 2 end tables for the sectional. They don't need to be large ones since you'll have a tray on the ottoman too. And a floor lamp on each side as well so it doesn't take up space in the end tables. Maybe hang the arch on the same wall as the writing desk, and add a potted plant like a large leaf fig in the corner.

• DH

Here's a few ideas. Were you wanting to layer whites, creams and tans? Or were you interested in adding a little color to your space?

• DH

I like these shelves...

• Irene Morresey
    Why not hang your wrought iron arch decor there with a small table or bench under it. It is lovely.
  • Natalie Ann
    Автор
    Groveraxle I love the large print idea! I really wanted another piece of furniture but the large print is growing on me.
  • groveraxle

Natalie Ann, those canvases are from art.com's Loft Art collection. They have some that are very large, up to 7'. Tip: if you find one you love, bookmark it and wait for a sale. Periodically, they seem to mark everything down 50% or so.