Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_reynolds5131946

Window treatment for window seat

Jennifer Reynolds
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Large window in family room with a window seat. Although it's not a true window seat... probably too small. My question.... can I put panels? What would be my other options. I like the blinds but feels unfinished.

Thank you.

Комментарии: 10

• suezbell
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Unless you're actually trying to use it as a seat (impractical), consider a double curtain rod inside the window indent which would enable you to add four solid color or sheer curtain panels (white or a pastel shade of your favorite color) and a valance -- not necessarily the same solid color but, instead, containing that same solid color -- thereby creating a more finished look. You could use the same valance above your patio doors -- and/or choose vertical blinds (white or in the same solid color) for your patio doors.

• Jennifer Reynolds
    Автор
    Thanks. Would the panels go to the floor? I'm thinking not since it's sitting inside the window frame. I'll have to research since I can't picture it.
  • suezbell

Because the "wall" is not flat/straight, I'd use curtains that stayed within the window indent -- not quite touching the "window seat" rather than trying anything overlapping the wider window sill.

• PRO
    Creatively Yours Custom Inc.

You definitely need some fabric/curtains for that window area. It will warm up the area and frame the view for you. I would perhaps do some romans as a top treatment only. The window is a feature in the room and I would not want too much fabric in the form of panel curtains inside of it. I would also put something like a narrow table runner on the sill there in a nice color with maybe a few decorative vases etc.

• chloebud

Roman shades would work nicely.

• athomeeileen
    It's a bay window more than a window seat. I'd mount a rod on the outside and use panels to the floor at the very outer edge. Hang the rod 12" wider than window on both sides.
    Inside mount Roman shades would also look nice.
  • Jennifer Reynolds
    Автор
    Great ideas and it's got me thinking. The roman shades are a definite idea. I like the idea of the runner with some vases etc to highlight the area. So much to consider!! I love the ideas.

Thank you!!
  • PRO
    The Shade Store
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Hello Jennifer,

There are a few ways you could finish this window. If you do like the look of drapery we would recommend you take them outside of the window opening and mount them above and wider than the window down to the floor. They can be either stationary (faux panels) or fully functional drapery depending on if you need more coverage than your blinds provide.

If you prefer to keep the treatments inside your window frame, you may want to consider a cornice or a Roman Shade that could add a little softness to the top of the window and even a pop of color!

We would be happy to help you with your project and send you free swatches of any of our materials. Please let us know if you have any questions.

THE SHADE STORE

t: 800.754.1455

design@theshadestore.com

• Kelly Henson
    I have used the Shade Store for all our windows. We have romans shades throughout and can attest to the outstanding quality, exceptional customer service and they even can set up installation in your area if available.