Houzz Logo Print
rachelina_fogelsonger

Need color scheme tips

Rachelina Fogelsonger
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
I whitewashed my fireplace. Walls are a pale gray and debating on what color to paint mantle and shelf to left of fireplace (I'm thinking white? Shelf is wooden but primed right now). Also, wanting to possibly paint the orange ceramic tiles...is this even possible? Not sure what kind of paint to use....Carpet will be slate gray.

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I would remove the shelving to the left of the fireplace it throws the balance off in the room and as for the mantel I would leave it just the way it is. Klenk makes an epoxy paint for tile

• PRO
    Asha Maía Design
    I think your idea for painting the mantel/shelf white is great. A nice bright white would pop and tie things together nicely. I agree with Patricia that the balance in the room is off, but if you aren't up for removing the shelving you can balance the room with a large plant and perhaps some larger decorative pots/vases or maybe even a freestanding bookcase. Good luck!
  • charaj00
    I would not paint the mantle or tiles. You need some contrast or risk having a flat white/pale grey wall. Remove the corner shelf; it does nothing for the room. Interested to see what cabinetry and furniture you select. Contemporary?
  • PRO
    Jake Spurgeon, AKBD
    I would not paint mantle. The contract against the brick is nice. Would paint the cabinets to the left same color as the wall color to have them blend into the space and not have the wall seem one sided. A rich blue would be a nice accent color to space in regards to curtains/fabrics in the space. You could leave tile as is or paint same color as floor.
  • H D

Hello, I am curious what product you used to whitewash your brick? It looks very nice!