Houzz Logo Print
alannah_moore

Flooring help!!

Alannah Moore
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

We are coming to the end of fitting our new kitchen dining room area and have had very easy colour decisions / views in colour scheme (grey and rose gold / copper theme) up to now! The kitchen is painted with a lighter grey and dining room is mellow mocha and feature dark grey wall. We are now struggling to agree on and find a floor to flow through and match the traditional with modern twist. Would love any suggestions on style and colour (Dark? Light? Pattern etc) that you can suggest. The table may be changed or painted so that does not need to be factored in. We cannot have real tiles due to floor surface. Thanks all in advance.

Комментарии: 26

• PRO
    Kluk Construction Ltd

Hi, Looking good. What kind of kitchen it is?

• Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Hi, it's a Wicks kitchen.
  • Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Thank you so much for recommendation I will take a look at the board.
  • Alannah Moore
    Автор
    @Floor Monster we really like the look of your recommendation and would love to see a sample thank you and recommendation for associated underlay.
  • Sharon Boughedda
    Go light!
  • Sally Medd
    Same as ours , we have grey and copper tones, we went for a mid brown Karndean flooring which works well.
  • Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Yours looks lovely. It's a tough decision!
  • Sally Medd
    Yes we went through a whole lot of options, we went for lvt with Karndean as it's warm underfoot.
    Then we decided we wanted wood effect then not to light as the kitchen is light and not too dark to show muddy footprints!
    We then decided after lots of samples and then the final decision was to have it laid diagonally! It cost 3 x more than I had budgeted !!!!! Good luck you have a lovely kitchen!
  • PRO
    CRS Design Home and Gardens

Hi Alannah, your kitchen looks lovely. I would go for mid range colours - not too dark or light. Have you considered polished concrete? It is hard wearing and low maintenance - great for kitchens

I hope this helps

Christine

• PRO
    Floor Monster

Hi Allanah,

Can i ask that you drop us an email with your delivery address for the sample to be posted to?

Our email is info@floormonster.co.uk.

Kind Regards,

Floor Monster Team

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven

Hi

How about these tiles, colour ties in with your units while adding some personality.

Both tiles above are from Laura Ashley.

Or these from Porcelanosa

Or Porcelanosa also do a wood effect tile - looks like wood but easier to maintain.

Shannon

• PRO
    FifteenFifteen

Hi Allanah,

I would also go for a poured resin floor as it is very durable and easy to clean. In terms of colour, I wold go for a mid-tone soft colour as would not take away from the rose gold/copper accents and as it has a slight sheen, it would help bounce light around the room.

Best wishes,

Natalia

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Hi Alannah, we think a grey wood herringbone would be just the thing for the 'traditional with a modern twist' style that you're looking for. It'll make a nice complement to all the other grey shades in the room and it's fairly light so will bring contrast to the space too. Our Feather Oak is brand new. It's 15mm thick and engineered for excellent stability. Free samples are available from our website: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/goodrich-feather-oak/

Good luck finishing off the project :)

• Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Bathroom 11 the tiles are lovely - in fact we have the Laura Ashley ones in the utility room unfortunately we can't go for tiles in the kitchen dinner as the floors are so uneven and different based.
  • PRO
    Rubberduck Bathrooms Ltd

available in grey as shown or black

Devonstone Tiles

• Resh

I've said it before on here, but Floor Monster are great - we have their chevron engineered oak parquet in our living room.

Your kitchen colour is begging for a wood floor. It may be too late to do this, but the original floorboards can be filled with old pine slivers, sanded and treated with Osmo Floor Protector and Osmo PolyX oil (or similar) for a lovely, kitchen friendly finish. It's what we'll be doing in our new home.

Parquet will really suit that kitchen, though. This is the stuff in our living room (excuse overexposed estate agent photo - I shall try to find something better)

• Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Suresh thank you! Your floor looks amazing! We have received the sample from Floor Monster and living with it in situ for a bit.
  • Resh
    Thanks! Here are a couple more shots - think something similar wood look great in your kitchen.
  • Alannah Moore
    Автор
    I really love your room. Stunning!
  • PRO
    Bath Bespoke

Really nice colour choice for the cabinets. Reclaimed oak boards would look really nice, and would add a rustic but modern twist. More tones here: https://www.bathbespoke.co.uk/flooring/styles-of-floors/

• Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Thanks Bathbespoke - the dark wood looks lovely. We still haven’t made a final decision yet!
  • Justin Eames
    This is awesome when it’s down. Just the right shade of light and goes with graphite/anthracite particularly well
    https://www.flooringsupplies.co.uk/realwoodflooring/engineeredwoodflooring/10374/kahrs_artisan_oak_garmisch_engineered_wood_flooring
  • sarah67534

Hi Alannah, you could try going with Gerflor, they have waterproof flooring that looks like real wood, and it also comes in a lot of colours. It´s cheaper than Amtico, and better in my opinion. We had it put in our kitchen and bathrooms, and so far it´s holding up great. My husband bought it from this shop called Bricoflor. https://www.bricoflor.co.uk/

• Alannah Moore
    Автор
    Hi Sarah -thank you! Will still haven’t put the floor down yet and so will definitely look into your suggestion.
  • PRO
    Floor Monster

Hi Alannah,

Have you got an idea of what you would be looking for as we would be more than happy to point you in the right direction and send down further samples

Kind Regards,

Floor Monster Team