Houzz Logo Print
rkapphahn

Wall decoration for dining room

Rebecca Kapphahn
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
We recently painted our dining room Dovetail by Sherwin Williams. To brighten up the room and make it appear bigger, I was thinking about hanging a large mirror on the wall or a cluster of small mirrors. I also need a chandelier to help brighten the room as existing one does nothing. Any recommendations of what would look good here? Thank you in advance!

Комментарии: 20

• User

How wide is your wall and Table?

• della70

Very nice space. I think I'd get the new light fixture first, but I would not add any more mirrors on the blank wall. I think I might have used a lighter color to set off the dining space. Maybe a rug under the set with some of the other colors in your living room would make a difference as well -- give it a little visual mix. And lastly, art on that wall -- maybe a series of prints to bring in your accent color would tie everything together. Love your furniture!

Rebecca Kapphahn поблагодарил(а): della70
  • Rebecca Kapphahn
    Автор

Claire Larece - I will get the dimensions and post those.

Pam P. - I agree - the color came out darker than anticipated.....the wall opposite goes straight down to our basement and we have dovetail on the top with wainscoting on the bottom. Thank you for the suggestion about the artwork. We had a 3 piece set we really liked but it had the wrong colors (more yellow and gold) so will look into an art piece. Have you come across one you might recommend? I'm hoping with a new chandelier then it'll really brighten up the room.

• jbtanyderi
    A large painting flanked by two smaller paintings would do the trick. Pick a sparkler chandelier.
    Rebecca Kapphahn поблагодарил(а): jbtanyderi
  • Rebecca Kapphahn
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

As an update my wall is 10.5 feet in length. My table is about 5 feet though can expand further with another leaf.

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting

If you are looking for unique lighting, we invite you to visit our web site www.GalileeLighting.com.

In Galilee lighting we make beautiful lighting in very unique styles, made of fused glass and hand blown glass.

Each style is available in custom design and size, in 30 different colors of glass.

If you would like to receive our catalog by email and get more ideas, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com

We offer free design consultation, to design the perfect size of chandelier for your space.

Call us today 305-807-8711

We deliver worldwide.

MODERN DINING ROOM CHANDELIER, MODERN PENDANT LIGHT FOR DINING ROOM · Еще

MODERN DINING ROOM CHANDELIER, MODERN PENDANT LIGHT FOR DINING ROOM · Еще

REFLECTION Luxury blown glass chandelier by GALILEE LIGHTING · Еще

LILIES - BLOWN GLASS GLOBE PENDANT LIGHTING · Еще

MONT BLANC - HAND BLOWN GLASS CHANDELIER · Еще

AQUA BLOWN GLASS LONG PENDANTS · Еще

Rebecca Kapphahn поблагодарил(а): Galilee Lighting
  • della70

Rebecca -- I am a great supporter and believer that what you hang on your wall should be real -- so I'd suggest you try to visit some of the local art fairs going on now through the Fall, and buy something original to support the work of your local artist. I am sure you will find just that right piece that makes you happy when you look at it! Happy shopping!

Rebecca Kapphahn поблагодарил(а): della70
  • Rebecca Kapphahn
    Автор

I found these 2 art pieces. The first is from Pier 1 - could I do something like this and flank it with mirrors or other art work?

Metallic Bloom Art

This 2nd link is from z gallerie. I really like the piece but don't think the colors are the right fit.

Catwalk at Z Gallerie

Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

• jck910

First I would move the buffet to the long wall. Then choose art that is about 2/3 to 3/4 the width of the buffet. I also think a rug would anchor the space.

Rebecca Kapphahn поблагодарил(а): jck910
  • havingfun

yes, the first is real the second is triple the price and not real!

• Rebecca Kapphahn
    Автор

what about something like this? The Giving Tree Art Work

• jck910

Are you going to try the buffet on the long wall? The size of the art will depend on what else you do on that wall. I think you need something to anchor the art or else it will look like it's lost

• havingfun

but leave room for the omg i must have it art you will find.

• Willsway

Definitely a large GOOD picture on side wall. You have enough going on on that wall in living room. Decluter Buffett. New light fixture. Patterned rug under table.

• PRO
    R - Design & Staging
    A light fixture like this would look great and would compliment the round table.

Axis 3-Light Chandelier, Winter Gold, Standard · Еще
  • PRO
    User

Art would be lovely on the wall. Another mirror might be too much.

My Art for Your Interior: People · Еще

My Art for Your Interior: People · Еще

• jdgail

greg knot artist : ) comes in many colors and cocktails

• Rebecca Kapphahn
    Автор

Thank you all so much for your recommendations. Unfortunately I don't believe there's enough room for us to move the buffet onto the long wall. There wouldn't be enough room for a chair on the other side of the table which backs up to a railing for the basement. That's why we have it located under the pass through, though not the most optimal location. Thanks again!!!