Houzz Logo Print
tiffh21

Help with flooring color to coordinate with orange toned cabinets

Tiffany
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Carpet on the 1st level of the house needs to be replaced and I want to do a wood look throughout for continuity. It will be less expensive to replace the current beech hardwood vs match and refinish so I am looking at my options. Would it be best to stick with a lighter colored floor to coordinate with the orange toned cabinets or would any darker options look good?

Side note: appliances will be replaced with stainless steel and island with be sized down and rectangular. Under cabinet lighting already in place. Eventually counters will be replaced and full height backsplash added.

Thanks!!

Комментарии: 7

• User

I personally think that multi toned flooring is too busy for an entire 1st floor. I would use a consistently dark flooring. The samples seem to bring out the orange to me.

• sandracraig
    I would go lighter but consistent shade. similar previous post I think the multi shading will be too busy for the space.
  • PRO
    Gantt's Decorating

Medium tone colors always look best with natural wood cabinets. Your kitchen is on the small size so it is important to eliminate contrast and blend. The fewer changes in color and tone the better.

• jhmarie

I have natural oak with my similar wood tone cabinets. Pics in my "my pics" idea book.

• PRO
    Design Intervention
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

I would recommend the darker/warmer floor. It's a very elegant look with the orange in the cabinets.

Laguna Beach Kitchen Remodel · Еще

• Tiffany
    Автор
    Thank you so much for the replies. After looking at pictures of multi tone floors in a larger space I agree that it would be too busy so thanks for helping me avoid making a mistake. I've been searching for the perfect floor for so long and I have had a really hard time finding anything that works well with the cabinets.