Houzz Logo Print
mccl0246

Fireplace Built In Top Styling Help

Kate
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
We recently moved into a new house with a pretty bluish/gray built in surrounding the fireplace. I need help with how to style the top in a clean, simple - yet stylish - way. Obviously bare and with all my random stuff isn't cutting it. Any ideas or actual product links would be much appreciated!

Комментарии: 9

• User

Is it rounded?

• Kate
    Автор
    Hi there! No, not rounded. Used pano feature on camera to capture all of the built in.
  • schnable1
    post another photo not using the pano feature
  • User

What style is the rest of the room?

• dianabreen

Nice fireplace and storage! Consider layering pieces on the built-ins that are larger in scale than what's there now. The small items look so small compared to the fireplace and mantle. You could try hanging a framed picture or piece of art on each wall, maybe a piece that's out 2/3 the size of the blank wall. You could use one bigger piece on each wall or group two/three smaller art pieces together. Then layer some pillar candles on candle holders, a plant or two, maybe vase, etc. Varying heights of items will keep it interesting.

Have fun!

• simstress
    I like everything below the mantel. I cannot decide whether I like how it's built up above the mantel.

Anyway, I like large square art pieces on either side.

The left and right are not evenly lit so the cabinets appear to be two different colors. Put new bulbs in the recessed lights that match. Or are they gimbals? If so, aim them the same, and make sure the bulbs match as well. Good luck!
  • Kate
    Автор
    @mocreidhl the style is still undefined, but I have an English roll arm sofa in Belgian linen sand from Restoration Hardware, some weathered oak dining chairs, and brass/gold stools at kitchen island. I'd say I am looking for a fresh/modern-day take on classic/traditional pieces. Going for timeless, but can certainly mix in contemporary. That help? (Interior design isn't my forté)
  • PRO
    Gantt's Decorating

What is that mammoth thing above the mantle?