Houzz Logo Print
kstew77

Entry way help with design

kstew77
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Комментарии: 18

• katinparadise

What specifically do you want to change?

• kstew77
    Автор

It seems too bland and I'd like it to be more sophisticated.

• PRO
    Life Automated LLC

Lose the mirror. Believe it or not, that will open up the look considerably. And if you want a table of sorts in there, maybe fit something in the corner of the stairs, opposite of where you have one now. It's just too cluttered.

• PRO
    Life Automated LLC

Maybe light, bright artwork in place of the mirror, but not too big.

• katinparadise

Are you up for buying anything new? As I see it now, the demilune table is a bit too small for the mirror. I think one of the pretty mirrors in your family room would be a nice fit. I would hang it so the bottom is about 5-6" from the table top. Then I would add a pretty vase with an orchid (they make some amazing silk ones now-Home Goods always seems to have a lot of nice options) and maybe a pretty silver box on the other side for keys, sunglasses, etc. The basket on the bottom is pretty but a little big. I'd look for something a bit smaller. The art hanging on the opposite wall needs to be about twice as wide and twice as long as the current piece. I'd say something about 16x20 would be the right size. Since you have black and white going on, how about a pretty black and white landscape? Something along these lines would be pretty. You can search online for something you can print out for about $5.00-10.00 in an 11x14 and frame it in a standard 16x20 black frame with a white mat.

Hope this helps!

kstew77 поблагодарил(а): katinparadise
  • kstew77
    Автор

Yes I'm open to buying new things. Thank you for the help!

• katinparadise

You're welcome. Do you like any of the I ideas I suggested?

• kstew77
    Автор

Katinparadise, thank you and yes I do like your ideas. I've been thinking the red picture is too small for that wall and I'd love to get a b/w print to replace too. I think I want to find a different mirrror also or get rid of it all together. What do you think about the red table? Move it under the red photo and replace with something bigger or leave it?

• katinparadise

I wouldn't go with anything bigger. It looks like there's a comfortable walking distance around it now. It does seem a bit red against your floors. How long and deep is the current table?

• kstew77
    Автор

Maybe 24 by 10 it's smaller than it looks in the pic.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Nice entry. I think you could benefit from a metal table not wood. You hav a lot of brown going on. A starburst mirror would have a smaller profile and would fit in your wall better. Something also in gold but burnished gold not shines. Then a little interesting box on the table with a lid for keys. I will look around for some ideas for you. Bbl
    kstew77 поблагодарил(а): Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan

That is smaller than I thought. Humm, my original idea probably won't work. Do you use this area for entering your home every day? I wonder if a small bench on the stairway wall with a small mirror perhaps would work better. There is more clearance there.

Cream Metallic Linen With Gold Gold Cane Bench, Cream Metallic · Еще
    Something like this might work. Need some measurements of that spot. on the left facing the stairs. How long and how deep?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan

Heritage Bench · Еще
    This is cute if you want to go more rustic? You could make a little seat cushion and it would be nice for that little spot to sit down upon entering and take shoes off. You could even fit a pretty basket under for shoes, etc. Not sure how you use this entry?

• PRO
    Blank Page Design Build

I agree to remove the mirror, and also to move the table against the wall under the staircase. Metal balusters are very trendy right now which means there's a great variety of styles and details to choose from. The dark contrast of the metal over the white steps would really make your staircase have a sophisticated pop. An additional touch could be a new arched trim over the doorway to make the whole space more inviting.

kstew77 поблагодарил(а): Blank Page Design Build
  • PRO
    User

Below is an entryway design we did and a few pieces of art. If you decide you don't want a mirror. Good luck on your entryway design.

Entry Project · Еще

My Art for Your Interior: Oil Paintings · Еще

My Art for Your Interior: People · Еще

• Susan Davis
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Wallpaper will disguise all the nooks and crannies in the entry and open it up.

Simple and serene

Foyer · Еще

Wow and intriguing

Traditional Entrance · Еще
    Take your pick, but note the narrow entry tables with sleek lines.

kstew77 поблагодарил(а): Susan Davis
  • User

a look I love, I think a small round pedestal entry table would look lovely in the space to the right of the stairway exit under the railing nothing huge but would look great by your stairs.