Houzz Logo Print
luciadc1986

Kitchen feature wall

luciadc1986
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

So we moved into our home almost 2 years ago now and are looking to revive our kitchen a little. The original owners put up some Orla Kiely wallpaper (see picture) which although I've grown to like, it's not really my taste.

Any good ideas as to what to with this wall? I was thinking perhaps a dark grey colour (the kitchen is pretty big - the photos don't really do it justice) with the kitchen island painted a lighter grey. One other point to make is that we're having the utility room done up and have chosen mid-grey cabinets; I'm not sure if painting the kitchen wall grey would be a bit too samey or would actually bring it all together quite well. I'm not averse to wallpaper but I'm thinking paint may be better and stand the test of time more!

The cabinets have fairly recently been repainted to warm-ish white although they look fairly similar to this photo. Any ideas gratefully received!

Комментарии: 5

• User

I think painting yes - perhaps an off white/grey that you can get mixed at the shop and get testers to check? Or indeed white and then add x 3 paintings? Can I ask about the repainting of the cupboards - what did you use?

luciadc1986 поблагодарил(а): User
  • PRO
    Inkmill Vinyl

Have a look at this statement gallery wall created with one of our vinyl patterns.

It is really easy to do - self adhesive so no messy wallpaper paste. A full run through of how to create it is on this blog -

Topology London | How to create a statement wall

Statement Wall by Interior Designers Topology London · Еще

Statement Wall by Interior Designers Topology London · Еще

luciadc1986 поблагодарил(а): Inkmill Vinyl
  • luciadc1986
    Автор

rc rc, we used V33 renovation paint from B&Q. I was dubious to begin with but actually it looks really good. You can also clean it with washing up liquid/all purpose cleaner so it's really easy to look after and still looks fresh.

• PRO
    Sustainable Kitchens

Hello,

In my opinion, if you paint the wall in same mid-grey it will bring all together as you say. You have a beautiful skylight so you have lots of light in your kitchen. If you decide painting the wall in a mid-grey, my advice is to paint the island in the same white as the rest of the cabinetry. Also your table it will look better next to a mid-grey wall.

Hope it helps.

Rui

• PRO
    Prime Living
    If you do decide to go for the darker grey colour, a largish heavier-framed mirror could look great on that wall, and would bounce tons of light into the room from the roof-light.