Houzz Logo Print
gertie58

Bathroom - tiles or wall panels?

gertie58
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Has anyone used tile effect wall panels instead of tiling their bathroom? Looking for pros and cons. Was going down the usual route of tiling the bathroom but have seen these wall panels online and might be interested.

Комментарии: 7

• Claire Nicholson
    Hi there,

We just went through a very similar process and although we have ended up going with tiles, simply because I'm fussy and couldn't find a panel that I liked the look of, I learnt a lot of stuff in the process!

Definitely look at different suppliers as they are not all created equal! It seemed to us that you do get what you pay for!

Some of the brands such as Nuance with their Bushboard don't need the (in my opinion) slightly ugly profiles and finishing strips, whereas many of the cheaper brands do.

Some of them also need finishing strips around the base, which to me personally looked worse than sealant and grout!

The Nuance certainly seemed to be the best of the bunch to us and I was disappointed they didn't have a style that I liked, otherwise we would have ordered from them.

Rubberduck bathrooms online seemed to be a good place to look at a variety of different suppliers and I also found them to be very helpful on the phone going through the different brands and sending out samples, so worth having a look at their website / giving them a ring for a chat.

Hope it helps!

Best wishes,

Claire
  • Laura Thomas
    As an alternative if you didn't want something that looked like tiles- there was a post a while ago where they had used back painted glass instead of tiles. I'm yet to look any further in to the details myself.
    I imagine it would be very easy to clean, and you could have it in any colour you liked.
  • PRO
    The London Tile Co.

Or Lustrolite which is designed to look like back painted glass but is actually acrylic

Lustrolite Safari High Gloss Wall Panels · Еще

• A S
    Hi,

I think it is a matter of preference. WRT panels, they vary in quality and price and most often you get what you pay for. The advantage of panels are easy clean with no grout lines to worry about.
    We personally opted for large format tiles to minimise the amount of grout lines which need to be maintained. I feel the grout lines helped break apart the planners and even pattern instead of making it look like a chunk of something (personal opinion).

It is up to what you prefer; hope this has helped a little, if at all
  • Juliet Docherty

it's personal taste I think - I prefer tiles as I am a ceramics nut. Why not do a poll?

• PRO
    The Panel Company

100% wall panels,

Easy to cut to size and to install, less time for preparation, less messy job and can be done by 1 person - cost effective.

Take a look at our wall panels range on the website and order your free samples.

https://www.panelcompany.co.uk/wall-panels.html