Houzz Logo Print
hbutchart

Advice on shower panels please

Henrietta Butchart
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

When I first started looking at shower panels as an alternative to tiles and grouting, the choice was very limited. Now when I google shower panels they seem to have sprung up everywhere! My questions are:

1. Can anyone recommend a stockist with whom their experience has been positive?

2. What type of panel did you choose, ie acrylic, laminate, glass, and why? I do understand that the type will be dependent on budget. Just wanting an overall picture.

3. I am wanting to "cut" small recessed shelves in to the panels for shampoo bottles etc. Has anyone done this successfully?

4. What, if any, are your negatives about shower panels?

5. If you chose a colour and then when in situ decided it was the biggest mistake of your "design career", were they easy to replace? I appreciate that everyone's room and walls will differ, but once again just trying to get an overall picture.

6. Anything else I should know/be aware of?

I am planning to use shower panels in 5 bathrooms so any advice/guidance will be sooooo appreciated. Thank you!

Комментарии: 4

• Daisy England
    You need to ensure that the colour/design you choose is correct. They are too expensive to swap around.
    I have Nuance by Bushboard. Lots of colour choices in 3 different price ranges and there's absolutely no way I would revert back to mucky tiles/grouting and all the maintenance they require. Google Nuance and ensure you have BB Complete for the joints and seals.
    I personally don't like niches cut out as I've found they hold the water. I have a stainless steel holder for my shampoo etc. It's big enough to hold 5-6 bottles of various stuff.
    Henrietta Butchart поблагодарил(а): Daisy England
  • Henrietta Butchart
    Автор

Daisy England. Thank you! I had no idea there are shower panels on the market that don't require extrusions. I'd never heard of Bushboard and BB Complete. I've requested some samples and going to look into further.

• PRO
    The Panel Company

Hi , we are The Panel Company and we sell shower panels.

• PRO
    The Panel Company

We sell shower PVC shower panels, they are 100% waterproof, easy to install and cut to size.

they come in a variety of sizes and colors - some of them mimic the natural stone, marble, wood or concrete.

Best to order your free samples and look under a different light - in a day / night etc.

If I can help you with anything , please let me know I answer all your questions.

https://www.panelcompany.co.uk/wall-panels.html

Henrietta Butchart поблагодарил(а): The Panel Company