Houzz Logo Print
sadierae

Dining room dilemma

sadierae
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
I would like some ideas about dining room furniture arrangement and decorating in an area where I have lots of windows and the area is open to the kitchen, entry, and great room. I would love to have a nice dining room set with a beautiful sideboard but my wall space is limited to 58 inches. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Комментарии: 18

• decoenthusiaste
    We'd be able to help better if you'd take pics of all the walls. Good way is to work clockwise around the room shooting pics from each corner and each mid-wall so we get a feeling for the entire space.
  • sadierae
    Автор
    Here are four more photos.cill try to add more
  • sadierae
    Автор
    More photoe
  • sadierae
    Автор
    More photos
  • sadierae
    Автор
    Ok full circle
  • decoenthusiaste
    Lovely space. If you want a change for the table and keep it under the chandelier, just turn it the other direction so it will "point" toward the corner windows. This will necessitate turning the rug too. Once that is done, post pics and we'll see how the other furniture may need to adjust.
  • sadierae
    Автор
    Neat idea but that would place it in our pathway leading to our patio (between the living and dining areas ).
  • decoenthusiaste
    Maybe we need to see the floor plan to determine how to orient the traffic.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Love your home.
    Maybe you can arrange the dining and use the bay window niche area to better advantage? But, as an L-shape window seating area.
    Stone Floor · Еще

Crystal cove · Еще
  • sadierae
    Автор
    I just moved the table as decoenthusiaste recommended. There is plenty of room to turn it. Don't know why I thought it wouldn't work. It looks better that way. Thanks! Now what should I do with the space above the sideboard? And around the windows?
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    I'm happy that worked for you. I don't think I'd use anything above the hutch unit. If you remove the top, then a large artwork with your choice of colors and accents.
  • sadierae
    Автор
    Thank you LB interiors. The wall with the sideboard is angled as is the matching wall on the opposite side(in the great room). Makes furniture arrangement a challenge. There really is no bay window area.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    You're welcome! Yes, now I see. Great change. What if you moved he furniture parallel to the odd angled walls? not the patio wall. Am I understanding what you mean? Does that throw everythng off? I think you're attacking it correctly as is.
  • PRO
    3 Day Blinds
    Hi Sanddyisgardening,

So much beautiful light in your home!

Adding drapes to your space would add a little pizazz and additional light filtering. Here are the different fabrics we carry: http://www.3dayblinds.com/window-treatments/curtains-drapes/curtain-drapery-panels

Installation is free right now, too.
    http://www.3dayblinds.com/free-installation-on-custom-blinds-shades-curtains-drapes-and-decorative-hardware

Happy Decorating.

3 Day Blinds
  • decoenthusiaste
    Glad you tried the table thing. While you're playing with furniture you could also align it parallel to the sideboard, or you could angle the table so it is perpendicular to the corner where the two windows meet. Just a little bit more shoving and you may hit on the perfect fit for your space. What is on the angled wall opposite the sideboard? Think about putting the sideboard's mirrored top on that wall maybe with a bench below. Then add art above the sideboard. You may already have that covered, though.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    Guess we were thinking the same 'deco'
  • sadierae
    Автор
    Thanks everyone for your help. You have given me some great ideas!