Houzz Logo Print
cellulite

Help! Ugly coloured glass - cheap way to get rid of it?

Cell-U-lite
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

All my windows have these ugly coloured glass panes. is there a quick fix or cheap way to get rid of these? appreciate your ideas. thanks.

Комментарии: 8

• oklouise

paint them white or hire a glazier to replace them all with plain glass

Cell-U-lite поблагодарил(а): oklouise
  • siriuskey

replace with matching glass

Cell-U-lite поблагодарил(а): siriuskey
  • PRO
    3 Pea's Property Styling

Hi Cell-U-Lite, I'm unsure where you are located, but in Australia there is product made by a company called Pillar which is an embossed frosted film which can be applied to glass. It comes in a variety of forms but the opaque white version would most likely suit your purpose in disguising the coloured glass. It is easy to apply and to remove. Alternatively, I think it would be quite inexpensive to simply have those panes replaced with clear glass to match, depending how many there are through-out the property.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Jo Powell

3 Pea's Property Styling

P.S. This is a link to some info re the Pillar Products for you:
    Pillar Products Info

Cell-U-lite поблагодарил(а): 3 Pea's Property Styling
  • spmm
    Depending on the age and style of the house these may be seen as a great period feature. Cost a fortune in labour to make these days.

I like them, a glass film should work well to take away the rosy glow.
    Cell-U-lite поблагодарил(а): spmm
  • siriuskey

have to agree with oskuee didn't want to mention the curtains but they are very old fashioned and ugly and make the window appear much smaller, better to remove the pelmet and tie backs. A new longer curtain track so that the curtains pull back to the sides of the window and hang straight cheers

• LesleyH
    I agree with oskuee. Why have standard windows. Embrace the colour and put your money elsewhere. I loved living in Queenslanders with coloured glass and see no need to remove them in a more contemporary home.
  • me me

It's definitely the curtains that need changing