Houzz Logo Print
jeannierowe

buying new home and the trim color is bothering me.

Jeannie Rowe
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

I would prefer to have a neutral gray on the walls with some possible navy on the island which I would like redone along with the replacing the cabinet doors. I feel like the trim paint is striping the room. Is it worth it to h

ave the entire house painted before moving in? Or is it not as bad as it looks? Help!

Комментарии: 15

• sofikbr

I believe it would be nice to paint it white.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): sofikbr
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design

The way the trim is painted draws attention to it, and that is something that should just blend in. I would definitely paint out the trim and since you have painters in there, make whatever other changes you have in mind.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): Weber Interior Design
  • Jeannie Rowe
    Автор

my thougts too. It draws to much attention to the top and bottom and cuts the space. I will have to hire painters to go in after we close. Changing lights ad hardware too. Good thing we love the location!

• acm

It's striking, but that means you have to love it. I'd paint it to match the walls, in fact, to help the room(s) feel higher.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): acm
  • kjoy1

I like it. Very unique.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): kjoy1
  • User

If you don't like it now, you won't like it ever. Change it to what you want before you move in, otherwise it will be a pain to do later on!

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): User
  • User

i think its chic.

once you put up artwork and get your furniture in there, it will minimize the extremeness of it.

if you look in architectural digest and other high-end interior design magazines, black or charcoal trim is often shown.

• User

literally an article from May 1 2017 that looks just like your trim: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/contrast-molding-paint-trend 

• User

• lefty47
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

HI -- I have never seen the need to have rooms all out lined with a different color unless the house is an historic colonial . Your new house has modern features in light fixtures and hardware and glass so I don't like the trims in a modern house . See if the builder can re-paint all the trim to a white or the same color as the walls --- which ever you like . A lot of new houses also have too much trim everywhere too.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): lefty47
  • hbfn

I'm sick of seeing gray everywhere BUT I like this, this is a unique addition of gray in a home, I think it's really chic.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): hbfn
  • User

if the trim was white and the walls gray, with that dark floor it would be so much darker in there.

• bradley_amber
    I think it looks nice but I am a big fan of other trim colors besides white. You may be able to change only the crown and get a less broken up look if it bothers you. Lots of professionally designed houses have it like that.
    Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): bradley_amber
  • flopsycat1

Totally a matter of taste. If you don't like it, paint it. So much easier to do before furniture is in place.

Jeannie Rowe поблагодарил(а): flopsycat1