Houzz Logo Print
keitha_dejonge83

need help asap for loving room

Kim D
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
I just moved in and I'm on a budget. I would love to add some color and fill up the space without my living room looking too crowded. please help!

Комментарии: 7

• PRO
    The Organizing Decorator

The easiest and least expensive way to add color is with a rug, throw pillows, and curtains. Is the sofa navy blue? Add some fuschia and/or lime green to the room. Throw in some candles on the table, and you've got color!

• PRO
    Kimberly Montante Interiors

Congratulations Kim! You have a blank slate so choose your favorite rug and start with that. Choose something bright and a rug size that extends under your sectional and pull colors from that for complimentary throw pillows and window drapery. If you don't want to do custom window treatments and you already have mini blinds for privacy, I'd add simple panels stacked back to frame the window so your trim isn't hidden. Add some textured baskets to hold remotes, etc under your coffee table. Add some stacked coffee table books in your family's favorite hobbies for a personal touch. :)

• groveraxle

Of course, if the rug is inexpensive enough...

I found some cute art at Ikea and used it to inform the rug, curtains, and pillows. BTW, I'd get rid of the torchiere lamp; those only belong in the dorm.

KNOPPÄNG Frame with poster, set of 8 - IKEA · Еще

This whole room is under $200.

• PRO
    Bonvue

You could totally add some great drapery to those windows! There are many options for affordable drapery to choose from. In addition, I'd add some throw pillows that are cohesive with the drapery. Lastly add a fun throw blanket to drape on the couch! The finishing touches can be some fake plants in little pots/vases. I'd love to see some fake succulents in some cool pots on the coffee table and maybe a couple near the TV.

• PRO
    Nicola Interiors

It's super hard to tell the color of the couch here and what else is in the space. However adding throws, pillows, artwork, side tables, lamps, and accessories should help.

Leeward Renovation · Еще

Leeward Renovation · Еще

Luxury Lorne Park Reno · Еще

• Kim D
    Автор
    should I put a side table?