Houzz Logo Print
tcon311

Regrouping new tile

Rose
Год(а)/Лет назад: 6
My new tile was put in my bathroom and the grout color is too light. The tile on the walls has very narrow grout lines the floor is standard. The tile guy says there is enough room to regrout and is using an expoxy grout. I want to make sue this is an adequate solution as it was his mistake to begin with.

Комментарии: 2

• PRO
    Amelia Vallone Interiors

Good morning Rose, It is hard for me to completely evaluate your concern as I don't have a picture of the tiles. i assume that the title of your post is re-grouting new tiles (probably changed by the automatic spell check).

Are the tiles on the wall and on the floor the same? Did the same person do tile installation on the wall and the floor?. Epoxy grouts are fairly difficult to use. They offer many advantages as for example they don't have issues with molds, but they dry very fast and the installer needs to work very fast. In general they are lighter or brighter in color (i.e. white). It seems that the color of the grouting was the issue, more than the type of grout. Re-grouting it will not change the spacing as that is determined at the time of tile installation. I hope it helps. If you would like to send me some pictures, I might be able to help you more (my e-mail is ameliavinteriors@decoratingden.com). Thanks, Amelia

• Rose
    Автор

Thank you for your comments. Yes I didn't catch the auto correct. The tile is on the walls and floor and it was the same person.