Houzz Logo Print
thompsonlynda342

Tricky windows

Lynda
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Hi everyone
Can anyone suggest how I can dress these windows?
We really want some thick thermal curtains. The windows are single glazed and drafty, which we can't do much about as the house comes with my partner's job and we are not allowed secondary glazing

Комментарии: 13

• PRO
    Yorkshire Fabric Shop

Hi

Have a look on our website, we have many heavyweight fabrics, we also make made to measure curtains! if you find any fabrics you like order some samples.

Thank You

www.yorkshirefabricshop.com

• PRO
    User

Looks like it would be hard to fit curtains because of the sloping ceiling corner - what about a thermal roman blind? Something like this:

http://thermalblind.co.uk/

• Lynda
    Автор
    This looks ideal, thank you Stuart
  • PRO
    The Blind Shop

Hi, have you considered thermal roller blinds. We make them to measure in a range of neutral colours and they are made from a fabric with metallic fibres that reflect heat back into the room.

• Lynda
    Автор
    I was really looking for some ideas about how to fix thermal curtains to these windows. I don't really want them inside the recess, as the windows get wet and drip condensation onto the sills. If I fix curtains on the outside of the recess, how do I get them to hang close to the wall, bearing in mind the slope into the room at the top where the window meets the ceiling? Thanks!
  • PRO
    The Blind Shop

We are involved with blinds only so sorry that we can't advise you further on curtains. Good luck though.

• Lynda
    Автор
    Thank you!
  • temple274
    If you definitely want curtains why not hang a pelmet or valance from the ceiling at the top of the angle, ensuring that it is a good length. This will then hide a curtain rail which you would fix at the highest point on the vertical wall. That way, although you lose some light from the top because of pelmet depth, you can make up for it by drawing or tying the curtains well back at the sides. Choose a nice warm looking fabric, ideally interlink the curtains too and you should soon feel the difference.
  • temple274
    Sorry "interline", clearly the spell checker doesn't understand sewing techniques!
  • Lynda
    Автор
    Great idea, thanks!