Houzz Logo Print
cathetmelou

Matching Colors for a boys bedroom with grey-turquoise kallax shelving

cathetmelou
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Hello
We are remodeling our two boys bedroom and were inspired by the design from HGTV on the first picture. Unfortunately, the red kallax shelving unit was not available anymore. We decided to buy the high-gloss grey-turquoise instead. We are unsure what would be good matching colors for one accent wall and for the curtains... Light red? Yellow? Navy?
Any specific thoughts?

Комментарии: 7

• Barbara Almandarz

How old are your boys? If they are younger, I'd go with a bright color - red will work. If they are young teens, I'd go with greens for a calming bit m ore mature look. Look at a color wheel and select the right tone and intensity of your complimentary color. Good luck!

• anne Symes
    I like navy with turquoise, and will work with that unit
  • cathetmelou
    Автор
    What red-orange would you recommand for paint?
    I would like one wallpaper wall, 2 white walls and maybe one accent wall (with a stripe of red)
    Thanks!
  • calidesign

Ask your boys what colors they like. Red is a strong aggressive color. Using wallpaper, shelving, and an accent wall with stripes is going to be very busy. It can look nice in a show home, but leave some space for them to add what they like - posters, etc. Consider using white shades or woven wood blinds instead of drapes, which are more masculine and won't have to be changed out when their tastes change.

• PRO
    Forest + Ash Studio

it sounds like you are planning on doing too many design elements. wallpaper is great, an accent wall of paint can be great, stripes are great too! but not all at once. pick one wall that you would like to accent and do it with the wallpaper or a bold color, leaving the other walls a more neutral color. OR you can wallpaper the entire room. OR install a chair rail and wallpaper above the chair rail and paint beneath. good luck!

• PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA

You could still get a similar color scheme -

Epic-Guys