Houzz Logo Print
nazanwar

Fireplace furnishing

nazanwar
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi everyone, thanks to your previous help I'm going ahead with the makeover of the following fireplace to be painted white with a light grey mantle. The following wallpaper will be the backdrop.

Now the help I need from you wonderful people is how would you

furnish this fireplace e.g what accessorise would you place on such a dominant fireplace. Thank you.

Комментарии: 5

• Louise Westbury
    Hello again :) I would keep the accessories to a minimum to keep it modern, plus it does not look like you have much space for them. If removing the fire itself I would replace it with something you can light up (for a focal point), either large pillar candles or fairy lights in a large vase. Placing a mirror behind the candles is a good trick to make it look like there are more than there actually are.

Any accessories you do add would look good in black against the white backdrop. Good luck!
    nazanwar поблагодарил(а): Louise Westbury
  • PRO
    User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I'd remove all the fake brick and put a better fireplace back in. At the very least the bit on the right ( little extension bit ) would have to go.

Then you could paint over the brick as above. It would be better if you rendered over it to make it smooth and modern looking.

The fire itself really does need to go as that's making it harder to modernise.

Removing all the brick will make your room larger too.

It's not really a difficult job as it's an add on, so shouldn't be there in the first place.

I think it's worth doing and i really like the wallpaper.

nazanwar поблагодарил(а): User
  • nazanwar
    Автор

Thank you all for your comments. Man about the house you've just thrown a spanner in the works lol. That's an excellent idea to get it rendered!!!! The fire is definitely going.

• PRO
    User

Great, glad to be of service! I think it'll look a lot more modern with a lovely smooth surface and you'll be able to blend it more with the room.

nazanwar поблагодарил(а): User
  • PRO
    Maack Architects
    The fact