Houzz Logo Print
berstory

Desperately Need Paint Color HELP!

Amber Story
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I am doing a makeover for a developer I work for. This old house was on the property when he purchased it and decided to update it and then sell it along with the acreage. Basically, a temporary home for new buyers or a guest home. I have been given a small budget to work with and feel pretty confident in most of my ideas, EXCEPT paint color. I know I want to go with an off white to offset the beams, but I just can't find the perfect white for the walls and ceilings and for the cabinets in kitchen. Here's what you need to know: 1. It's an open floor plan 2) The cabinets must be painted not stained 3) The wood beams are VERY dark 4) The trim is same color as beams. Any help is appreciated!! **A few colors I considered: Ballet White, Soft Chamois, and White Down for walls. Swiss Coffee, Simply White, and White Dove for cabinets.

Dark Wood Beams

Комментарии: 5

• apple_pie_order
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

For the last couple of days, there's been a problem with uploading images for some people. Try again later.

Prime the walls in plain white to avoid any color reflections from old paint. Install new light fixtures with new bulbs, or put new bulbs (of the type you'll be using in teh next fixtures) in old fixtures. Warm white LEDs are a good choice for most situations.

Coordinate with the flooring color first, beams second. Match paint chips to each, tape them on an index card, then go back to the paint store. Buy a fan deck to save time, along with samples and foamcore boards. Use the same color for walls and cabinets, but a different sheen for cabinets and trim, for a coordinated look.

• PRO
    Madi Mali Homes, LLC

We use Eider White on cabinets/trim. Consider painting walls the same color. We use Repose Gray a lot on walls, but it's definitely a light gray.

• Amber Story
    Автор

Thank you!!

• Amber Story
    Автор

• Amber Story
    Автор