Houzz Logo Print
anne_goldenberger

Quartz install issues

Anne Goldenberger
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Just had our quartz countertop installed (Caesarstone Raven). Would love if any of you have expertise in installing these type of counters to give me an opinion on the problems I noted in the attached document. Probably the most concerning issue is the problem with the cabinets not being level, and the workaround the countertop installer put in to make up for that (so the seam would be even).

Am I offbase in being concerned about these issues? Am I over-sensitive on the visibility of the seam? See link to photos of issues. (Note that I've since discovered the white line along the joint is indeed a reflection, and not a defect.)

Welcome any input - thank you -

Anne

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25870143/counter%20issues.pdf

Комментарии: 8

• jhmarie

I can't access your link. Maybe it is just my computer, but if you get no responses, consider posting pics in the comments section.

• PRO
    Intrigue Builders Inc

Didn't work for me either

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    Yes please post photos. That said, it's not your countertop installers fault the cabinets weren't level...
  • Anne Goldenberger
    Автор

Sorry - here are the pix of the seam problems

• Anne Goldenberger
    Автор

Looks like you have to expand them one by one to see the whole pic. Here's one showing the gap. I agree the cabinet guy should have leveled the cabinets, which we are pretty sure he did. When the counter guy left, we found several shims laying around the kitchen that weren't there before. I'm assuming the counter guy removed them and put his own prop under the counter.

• PRO
    Presidio Tile & Stone

Wood trim should hide that gap. If your counter top installer needed to use that many shims, then your cabinets were not level. Where would the counter top installer remove shims from? Were there shims lying on top of the cabinet already before he installed? They aren't going to pull shims out from underneath the cabinet. If you put a level on the counter top and its level, then you know it wasn't level before they installed.

• Anne Goldenberger
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Thanks Presidio. The installer didn't have the right color caulking when he came, so he didn't do that part. Did you look at the seam pix - especially the second pic if you click to view the whole thing, the seam in the backsplash doesn't seem so hot. Not sure if the seam on the countertop is within what can be expected or not. They told me 'you'll never see the seams.'