Houzz Logo Print
nik2000june

Breaking up bedroom set

nik2000june
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi, I really would like to update my bedroom. I was hoping for a more transitional look. Would any of these headboards be appropriate if I keep the Shaker style dresser and armoire? Are the nail heads too busy or the curves the wrong style? I am looking for new transitional bedding and art as well. Thanks for any advice you would be willing to give to me.

Bedroom · Еще
Bedroom · Еще

Комментарии: 13

• Theresa Holt
    Before you throw out your headboard....they just don't make things the way they used to.....change your bedding. What is you favorite color?
    nik2000june поблагодарил(а): Theresa Holt
  • Theresa Holt
    My furniture is similar. Give me a bit to dress as we have pets and I'll post some pixs for you.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs

Couple of other thoughts:

Remove the headboard and replace with euro pillows and comforter.

Find a great stretched canvas at some place like Home Goods and hang it over the pillows.

New table lamps.

Remove mirror (it screams “set”)

New knobs for furniture will make a huge difference in the look.

Or, buy the first headboard and also do the other suggestions.

Fiona Comforter Set w/ Shams, Soft And Stylish, Sahara Gold, Queen Set · Еще

New York City Skyline Silhouette Stretched Canvas Wall Art · Еще

nik2000june поблагодарил(а): JudyG Designs
  • dj

Yes, new headboard, bedding and change the knobs and lamps.

nik2000june поблагодарил(а): dj
  • Emily Jowers
    I like the curves one with your furniture. You could also do a tufted square headboard for a transitional look, but I like the curves.
    nik2000june поблагодарил(а): Emily Jowers
  • PRO
    Nob Hill Design - Allied ASID
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I suggest that youI purchase the upholstered bed with the arch. The curve will be a nice contrast to the straight lines of the furniture. Add some crown mounding and paper the walls with grasscloth. Pendant lights from the ceiling above the night tables with mirrors behind them would do wonders as well.

nik2000june поблагодарил(а): Nob Hill Design - Allied ASID
  • PRO
    Nob Hill Design - Allied ASID

Table lamps would be perfectly fine as well. Here you see them with a straight headboard and grasscloth wall covering.

nik2000june поблагодарил(а): Nob Hill Design - Allied ASID
  • decoenthusiaste

Shaker bedroom display · Еще

Farm House Addition · Еще

American Shaker Bedroom Furniture · Еще
    Lots of options here.. new bed, bedding, a coat of paint... What do you want to do?

nik2000june поблагодарил(а): decoenthusiaste
  • Theresa Holt
    Sorry for the wrinkles. Still getting kids ready for the dog show in Florida. Looking for a few more pieces from storage, but you get the idea.
  • Theresa Holt
    Pink added in.
  • nik2000june
    Автор

Thank you all very much for the time you took to respond. There are so many great ideas here for me to think about!

• nik2000june
    Автор

Theresa, thanks for the photos of your bedroom. I can see that adding different layers and textures in the bedding and pillows would help. I am thinking about whether or not to change the headboard. I do like a touch of black in the accessories as it pulls in a frame that I have in the hallway leading into the bedroom. Unfortunately, the media cabinet has to stay in that position. I know it is too close to the dresser. There really isn't another place for it in my house. I might consider selling it though. I will go and have a look for bedding in different textures and see what I can find.