Houzz Logo Print
sandrasal

Pendant Light Advice

sandrasal
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hello, We've just purchased a 47 cm wide Gubi Semi Pendant Light to go over our Saarinen dining table. The table measures 180 x 100 and I am wondering if this light looks too small and I should exchange it for the 60cm one. All comments welcome. Thanks.

Комментарии: 9

• PRO
    LuxDeco

Dear sandrasal,

As our interiors director, Linda Holmes, would say – always go bigger with lighting! The pendant itself is very slight and it's a pale colour (which reads as being visually lighter) so the larger size shouldn't overpower the arrangement.

Best,

LuxDeco

sandrasal поблагодарил(а): LuxDeco
  • sandrasal
    Автор

Brilliant, thank you both. I'm a little concerned - RED Interior Design - that three may distract from our antique lights over the fireplace. I've attached a little more of the room for you to see. There's a lot going on, what with the kitchen light in the background

and the funky

blue tiles around the fire! Should I just stick with one larger one?

• moiraford
    Loooove your kitchen light! Where did you get it?
  • sandrasal
    Автор

Hi Moiraford thank you - we have lots of lovely comments about it. It's a Hinkley light. We got it from Elstead lighting in Alton. This is it https://www.firstchoicelighting.co.uk/mime-4lt-pendant-chandelier.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA0pDBBRCFtoPyguTh8AUSJADNWeuxt-pUzRC1vOGiA4DTd29LjmHc5uzAqxqlXYTjTQX-YRoCz8Tw_wcB 

• PRO
    Renaissance Interiors, Hartley Wintney

Hi,

I agree that the single light should be bigger. This will not only balance the look in this room but will balance the overall space of the adjoining room as the other light is a lot bigger.

I love the fact that this light mimics the shape of the pedestal of the table. Great find.

sandrasal поблагодарил(а): Renaissance Interiors, Hartley Wintney
  • PRO
    Litecraft

Definitely go a size bigger, 3 smaller ones will be too much as you're already displaying a lovely set of lighting in the room and kitchen.

Best of luck.

sandrasal поблагодарил(а): Litecraft
  • sandrasal
    Автор

Thanks so much for your advice. I am returning the light today and getting the larger size.

• moiraford
    Thank you. It's just what I was looking for. Good luck with everything.
    sandrasal поблагодарил(а): moiraford