Houzz Logo Print
edita_urbelyte

Help needed on New Kitchen please

Edita Urbelyte
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Advise please on the best and most practical/functional design of my new kitchen (up to the new extension which is built at a slight angle). 4270x2580. Sink preferred on the back wall and the cooker on the right. An island/breakfast bar is a must! Any ideas welcome! Thanks

Комментарии: 15

• PRO
    OnePlan
    Just noticed this was still unanswered ...

We are freelance concept planners - we design lots of kitchens for busy clients who want to shop around with one set of plans so they can easily compare like for like.

We offer several types of service - from an hourly rate sketch service to a tailored design with you in the design loop at each stage - take a look at our pro page for sone examples and to read some client reviews!
  • PRO
    Kitchenrooms
    Congratulations on your extension. Great potential here with space and lighting from the roof.

There are so many ideas that you can implement, the list is endless! It all depends what you have in mind m. We certainly have a few ideas for you with some examples from our previous clients

We're more than happy to give you some impartial advice and computer aided design without charge.

Feel free to contact us if you would like some assistance
    Regards

Kitchenrooms
  • PRO
    Synseal Group
    Have you sourced the lantern roof yet? We have a new fully thermally broken roof that would suit your property
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Автор
    Hi, we have just ordered skylights for the roof. Thanks
  • Ellie

How big will the kichen/diner be? Do you have a floorplan so we can see where windows and doors are?

• PRO
    Lynsey Jane Designs
    This looks exactly like a project I have recently completed. I put units going along the exterior wall and exterior wall of the new extension with an island running along in front in the middle of the room.
    Works really well and gives a great wow factor. See pictures below.
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Автор
    Lynsey, it looks great indeed! And also it is a very similar project. How big is the extension? 4m or 3m? Do you have a picture what's on the other side? Are there any more kitchen cupboards? Thanks
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Автор
    I'm attaching a floorplan. We will be closing the doors permanently between the living room and the new kitchen. Also we have added a tiny cloakroom under the stairs.
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Автор
    This is my scribble :) i don't think I can fit all what I have on it but this is a rough idea. I also want to build a temporary partition wall on the right to separate the office which I'm dying to have :)) it makes the total area considerably smaller though.
    Do you think I should go for a white kitchen/dark worktops/dark floor or opposite?
  • Matt Elsinor

Dear Edita, have a look at my sketch. I think you can achieve a nice home office possibly using a sliding partition as shown. Also I would have the WC off the utility as shown for more privacy rather than off the kitchen. Let me know what you think.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    Lovely drawing Matt !!
  • PRO
    d & b
    Hope this will inspire you
  • PRO
    Conscious Forms

Hi Edita,

Have you considered polished concrete for worktops / island / breakfast bars? Images attached for inspiration.

Walthamstow Village Polished Concrete Worktop · Еще

Walthamstow Village Polished Concrete Worktops · Еще

Walthamstow Village polished concrete island worktop brings the garden into the · Еще

Black Concrete lsland and L-shaped concrete worktop · Еще

Kensal Green, rustic style polished concrete worktop with concrete sink/drainer · Еще

• PRO
    Zeyko Kitchens

Hi Edita, we noticed your question regarding white kitchen/dark worktops. One of our displays in our current showroom has white units with a dark worktop, as well as a light grey liquid floor. It gets a lot of attention from passers by. Attached a photo if you needed some inspiration! Feel free to have a look at our website for some more photos, be happy to send you some examples if you need more ideas/info on materials.