Houzz Logo Print
sixkeys

Which style of lamp for this corner

sixkeys
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I need to pick a lamp for behind the chair (needs to be moved in a little). The media cabinet also needs to be centered on the wall (moved to the right in the photo).

Style-wise, I am drawn to this:

But maybe I need to soften the look with a shade....maybe like this:

Which one would look better? (Obviously I still have much to do with the room....) Thanks!

Комментарии: 9

• grapefruit1_ar

I think that either one would work. I personally like the one with the shade.

sixkeys поблагодарил(а): grapefruit1_ar
  • PRO
    Design Views Inc.

Both both work well, but I agree with jck910 that the second lamp, might block your TV. Your space is off to a great start.

sixkeys поблагодарил(а): Design Views Inc.
  • calidesign

I like the first one. Then use a lamp with a shade on an end table between your other seating, and another on a table on the far end of your sofa, or even just a floor lamp on that side.

sixkeys поблагодарил(а): calidesign
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I like the one with the shade you seem to have a bit of a MCM vibe going on but to me the entertainment center is al wrong I think something like this would work better in the room the other one is too dark and dated looking IMHO the next thing I think would be a great area rug with some color that you could pull from for windowcoverings

• PRO
    Lightkulture

This exciting light from Pablo has a charger also and it might be an alternative to the two you have shown.

• Klelia Nikolakaki

i'd prefer the 1st one!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    What happened to previous recommendations on this room?
  • PRO
    Cedar + Sage Design
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

I would choose a lamp like the one below and put it between the two sofas with these side tables, add a coffee table and a tall plant behind the armchair. An area rug would also be nice with an updated TV console/ storage area as well.