Houzz Logo Print
slonelm

Rug Under a Sectional Couch

Loey10
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Is there a "rule of thumb" for the size of a rug under a sectional? I bought this one because I like the colors, but now can't decide whether it's big enough. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Комментарии: 10

• Allison Thiessen
    I really like the contrast between rug Color, floor texture, and couches. So I personally prefer something that doesn't completely cover the whole floor.
  • Loey10
    Автор
    okay, thanks Allison...the rug I have there is an 8×10...do you think I need a 9×12?
  • printesa

I don't think there is a rule..It depends on the look and the room. Your looks fine

• Allison Thiessen
    From my personal taste, I think a bigger rug would swallow up the greatness of your hardwoods!
  • Taylor Kirk

I would suggest a smaller rug or to try placing the rug at an angle. If not, I think a contrast in the rug color may help open up the space as well!

• Linda Hurley
    I have a sectional and my rug is the same as yours. I think a bigger one would be too big.
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

Agreed...it needs to come over to the right side. The left and right of a sectional should have rug past the arms, otherwise furniture is too top heavy.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images

Old post

• aspiringdiyer

I would definitely go bigger