Houzz Logo Print
annagracez

What couch would you buy for this living room?

Anna Grace
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
I just rented a new two story loft. I already purchased two hot pink armchairs. I am pretty sure I'm going to purchase this rug. I already own a white coffee table. I need someone to tell me what color couch I should purchase!

Комментарии: 21

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

White

• Kyle Barrett

Needs to be as neutral as possible after the statement those armchairs make. Rug looks like it'll play nicely with the armchairs and you can incorporate some of the rug's tones into your cushions/throws.

• PRO
    The Room Kit

Definitely a neutral, whichever one you like the most. Since the chairs and rug are so bold, the sofa needs to take a backseat and let the statement pieces shine.

• gtcircus
    White would be beautiful as suggested. You could also use grey, but if you are daring, think ZEBRA!
  • calidesign

White, light gray, or natural linen color. Love the chairs!

• Emily Jowers

A natural linen would contrast the other two nicely, but I LOVE the zebra idea. I think it would look great but still be neutral colors, but like bel... said, only if you are daring. Are the chairs velvet? It's hard to tell, since they look like they are glowing in the picture.

• everdebz
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Your photo shows a greyish wood tone - I think a soft greyish fabric.

...unless you find a pillow like this with linen background, then linen. "Charcoal, Hot Pink, Poppy Red, Grass Green, Aqua Blue, and Pale Lime Green are artfully showcased against a warm Sand background."

Waverly Santa Maria Desert Flower Decorative Pillow · Еще
    Santa Maria Desert Flower Floral Scallop Valance Lined Cotton · Еще

• Sylvia Ortega

I vote for Grey!

• PRO
    Defined ID Design

Your best choice would be an off white sofa that it very linear and simple.

• everdebz
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

If your lamp or frames or pouf tends to be silver, then probably same color as table is, so as not to over-complicate [with sand/linen].

Stuffed Moroccan Leather Pouf, Metallic Silver · Еще

• everdebz
  • everdebz

But it depends what colors you'll pull out of the rug: any burnt orange, then I might not go grey..... etc...?

also if you use reclaimed or rustic wood a bit, maybe not grey couch.

• Joy
    You are young, go all out, ZEBRA sofa!
  • PRO
    Floor Mania

Something neutral - maybe a dark beige? Since you're placing it on the carpet, there's no need to worry about picking a thick rug for underneath the sofa to protect the floor.

• Emily Jowers

Ooooo navy is a good idea. Thinking outside the boring, neutral box.

• gtcircus
    You can find this type of sofa cheap, spray lacquer the trim gloss black.
  • Wendy H
    I would definitely go for a nice solid colour couch, not necessarily neutral as your other colours are so vibrant and fun - navy, zebra, black, royal blue...something else with punch!
  • kystone

With the white coffee table, I like the idea of choosing another lighter color from the rug that you love - a solid - and going with a sofa in that color. It's difficult to see the exact shades, but my eye is leaning toward the blue/aquas and that color will be much more forgiving than a really light color since I'm assuming you have friends who drink wine and are known to spill from time to time! Although zebra print is young and fun, I think it may get really old really quickly. Maybe some zebra pillows on those darling hot pink chairs if you love the zebra idea. Or on the sofa along with other bright and fun pillows. I think if you find a color you like then you will be happiest with a solid sofa in the long run. Have fun!

• PRO
    Barbara Brown Interiors, Inc.
    Hi, I suggest true white. Add more color with a cozy throw and pillows . If you want to try zebra, throw that in the pillow mix . You can pick a variety of colors, or just one such as Navy. Add a great band trim for a custom look. Navy pillows, celadon throw, one patterned rectangular pillow that brings in a few of the other colors incl the bright pink, would be fabulous!

Enjoy!
  • havingfun

love your choices and congrats on your place. let me show you my favorite zebra

Zebra Eye Cushion, 18"x18" · Еще
    thanks