Houzz Logo Print
houzzaupolls

POLL: Would you rather a pool or a spa?

HouzzAU Polls
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

If you had the choice, would you take a brand new swimming pool for your backyard, or a spa for your patio area?

One might make you a hit with the neighbours, while the other might treat your very special friends.

Tell us which way you would swim ...

`Neither! (explain yourself in the comments)

Комментарии: 16

• Gioenne Rapisarda

Pool over spa any day!

• geebe27
    I vote spa. it's the best thing about our house. used all year round. There is nothing quite like sitting in a hot steaming spa on a freezing winter's night. easy to maintain. it would be my must have for any other house I had to live in.
  • PRO
    Morel Construction Ltd

Would have to say spa because as said above nothing beats a hot spa in the middle of winter! Also i prefer swimming in lakes, the sea and rivers rather than in a pool anyway!

• annb1997

My family much prefer a pool as we all enjoy swimming. We had a spa for years and enjoyed that but our use of it waned over time, so we dismantled it. Our forever home has a lap pool that my husband and I use often, and our grandchildren enjoy it during their summertime visits. My fondest childhood memories are of summers spent at my grandparents' home, and regular swims in the lake with my grandmother and great-aunt. I think this is why I feel such a connection to water, and have the need to always have a pool.

• PRO
    southpacificpools

Love the size of pools for exercise

• PRO
    User

Visually, a pool looks much more appealing.

• PRO
    Pools 4 You

Pools being bigger is better for all the family to enjoy.

• Bill Massey

Because we have a young growing family and they want the space to swim in.

• PRO
    Dynamic Pool Designs

Pools are a great way create your outdoor oasis

• PRO
    LIFESTYLE SPAS

spas are most enjoyable with a friend

• wuff
    Neither, couldn't be bothered with upkeep and wouldn't use either enough to warrant them.
  • Nathan Roger

Pools are always great for a family and friends.

• PRO
    Civic Steel Homes

Such a common addition to living in Australia

Alexandra Headlands · Еще

• PRO
    Contemporary Pools Qld

Pools are great for the whole family!

• PRO
    ideal drape makers

I voted for neither.

Growing up my family always had a pool. Although I am sure it's much easier to maintain the pool during the winter months nowadays, I will forever my father's grumbling about how tedious it was to maintain a pool throughout the year.

Of course, I've always lived in Melbourne. Unless your pool is heated, a pool is something that doesn't get used for much of the year.

I guess a spa is different, indoors, it could work. But then I'm more inclined to pamper myself in other ways - A good massage will always win over a spa any day in my book.