Houzz Logo Print
tanya_scott61

Help please....in choosing Kitchen Tile colour?

Tanya Scott
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi there, we are renovating our kitchen and have chosen a WHITE High Gloss cupboard with a GREY Granite Benchtop with SILVER flecks in it and we want to put a BLUE glass splash back in (actual photo of rippled water). Not sure what to do about flooring....House is a "Beachy" underwater theme with lots of underwater photography on walls (Blue walls, black/silver furniture/applicances, sandy coloured carpet). I'm a complete novice and Not sure if my floor tiles are going to compliment or confuse it? All feedback/suggestions are welcome.

Chosen: Grey/Silver Granite Benchtops with White High Gloss Cupboards (Cool colouring) with silver & black appliances.

Chosen: Underwater theme photo Glass Splash back similar to this (cool colouring) (this is the feature) The grey and silver in the bench top look gorgeous against the blue glass and the white gloss cupboards.

Floor Tiles: ***NEED TO CHOOSE

These are the tiles in our newly renovated bathrooms, soft muted kind of marble look (they actually look a little bit warmer in colour in real life) I'm thinking of extending this to hallways, entry, kitchen and dining

OR something like the new "wood look" tile perhaps??? I'm swaying towards this now but worried about too many different types of floor coverings/colours or textures throughout the house.

What are the rules??? (Help?)

If the kitchen is all very white and cool colours, should I maybe have some warmth in the flooring so it doesn't look too clinical perhaps.

Current Carpet in Lounge & Bedroom (keeping): Sandy/Beige/Cream

The walls are currently a combination of this blue (a little deeper in colour than shown) and a very pale blue but can be changed as a repaint will be needed after cupboards and tiling are done. Black and silver are carried throughout in furniture etc.

This is kind of my Dream board colour theme for the house, I have accent pillows/linen etc in the aqua:

So...what do you think about flooring??? :)

Комментарии: 14

• Vy

if it was me I'd choose a tile that is similar to the darker specks in your granite..that way it gives your kitchen a bit of a contrast to the bench top

Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): Vy
  • Tanya Scott
    Автор

Thats a good thought Vy, thank you. I had considered a Grey tile but thought it might make kitchen look a bit dull and boring, maybe not go with our cream carpet or might make it look a bit more "industrial" rather than "beachy" perhaps...really not sure. Also been frightened by the dark grey tiles I've seen in a new hospital and shopping centre that always look grungy and dirty. Will keep this thought in mind and take my bench top sample to the tile shop in near future to have a look see :)

• girlguides
    Stick with bathroom tiles. If open plan then tiles gotta go with carpet not benchtop
    Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): girlguides
  • Tanya Scott
    Автор

Thanks, yes house is very open plan. So you prefer the bathroom tiles over the wood look tiles?

• girlguides
    Yes
    Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): girlguides
  • Ann B
    Hi Tanya. Very nice colour scheme you have going on there. I think you could easily use one tile in bathrooms and another in hallways, kitchen, etc. as the hues of both appear very similar. Is the bathroom tile also to be used in laundry? You could also have a colourful rug in your kitchen to warm it up if you think the tone of tiles are too cool. Keep us posted what you decide.
    Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): Ann B
  • hagan_38
    I like the look of the bathroom tile but I would like to see a photo of it with the benchtop to see if it will tie in. Can't wait to see photos of the finished project. Splashback sounds beautiful.
    Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): hagan_38
  • Tanya Scott
    Автор

Thanks Ann. Laundry will be done in either the Bathroom Tiles or which ever ones I choose for the kitchen/Dining...still undecided.

• PRO
    Crocus LTD
    I think that wood-looking tile may work good here! It has a nice color that compliments color scheme you've chosen and it's texture suites beach style! Also it can make space look and feel bit warmer
    Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): Crocus LTD
  • juliahocking

HI

The tile has a pink tone & everything else is cool with grey notes. Don't go with the pink, as it will stand out as too different.

The wood look tiles have the right tone. I'd choose them, as Crocus LTD says.

All the colours in your 'mood board' have a grey base. Stay with that for success!!

Cheers

Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): juliahocking
  • annb1997

Hi Tanya. What did you decide? Would love to see a photo when you're all done!

Tanya Scott поблагодарил(а): annb1997
  • Tanya Scott
    Автор

Hi, I chose the wood look tiles. They start laying on Monday. Cabinets are in, just waiting on stone benchtops, then splashback. Will keep you posted with photos when all done :)

• Kathy
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

Would go with something like