Houzz Logo Print
darren_martin46

bedroom colour scheme.

Darren Martin
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi, we have won enough wallpaper for our spare room. We're taking the opportunity to get a new bed and furniture also, but are struggling to visualise if the following colour schemes will work. Hopefully someone can help! I've sort of answered my own question with the wardrobe and bedside drawers as they are the same colour as in the wallpaper photo, but the bed in the same furniture range is too big for the room. Will the grey John lewis bed work? Many thanks.

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Anna Auzins Interiors Ltd.

Hello, Darren,

What a fantastic print! In answer to your question, the grey bed will probably work, however you may want to think about adding some other colour in the form of perhaps a striking bedside lamp, as you may find that the grey blends a bit much. Throws and extra cushions are also an easy way to do that.

Darren Martin поблагодарил(а): Anna Auzins Interiors Ltd.
  • Darren Martin
    Автор

Wow. Thanks. Food for thought. My monotone eye would have prevented me thinking of something like that, but it looks cool. Do you think mahogany/cherry furniture would still work with something like this?

• PRO
    Amelia Wilson

Absolutely, it was the dark wood that led me to think orange

Darren Martin поблагодарил(а): Amelia Wilson
  • PRO
    Papillon Interiors

That's a great bed Amelia, totally agree. It would work beautifully with Darren's wardrobe, lots of orange in there. You could really make a statement with the light, Vita do a beautiful grey feather lamp http://www.papilloninteriors.co.uk/vita-eos-standard-light-grey-feather-pendant/ which would add to the sumptuous feel (it comes in caramel too).

• Darren Martin
    Автор

Thank you for all your comments. I really appreciate it. I have ordered a swatch for the bed, will compare when the paper arrives!