Houzz Logo Print
bwilkinson2313

What colour splashback?

bwilkinson2313
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Hi. Please help us decide on a splashback colour. The cupboards are a gloss laminate which is predominantly black with a brown grain through it. The bench tops are manufactured stone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Комментарии: 9

• PRO
    alsoCAN Architects

Congratulations. It's a very stylish kitchen, you have.

You could stick with the black and white look and use white tiles, such as small white round mosaics, for a clean look. Search for penny round tiles for ideas.

Or if you'd like to add colour, reddish tones would work well. Blue-greens and teals are very popular at the moment but I think they will date. Red is a more classic choice with black and white.

We used a dark purple-red glass splashback for this kitchen with Caesarstone Calacatta benches and dark brown and off white laminate.

Courtyard Victorian Kitchen Splashback · Еще

Good luck, and post pictures when you've completed the splashback.

Regards

Jane McDougall

alsoCAN architects

1/52 Burnley Street

Richmond V3121

Ph: 9421 3433

Fx: 9421 3433

Mb: 0413 332 874

www.alsocan.com.au

• PRO
    Winston Design Collaboration

Your kitchen is pretty neutral, so you have left your choice of splashback colour wide open. Take along a sample of your benchtop and joinery to the tile showroom so you can match the colours. From the photo it looks like the benchtop is a warm colour, so you would want to stick to a warm toned splashback i.e. don't mix cream with cool grey.

If you want to stay neutral, a smaller scale tile such as a mosaic or herringbone tile can add some texture for interest. If you want to be bold, just choose a colour that you love, and that ties in with your other decor, such as cushions on your sofa.

Good luck!

• PRO
    Miriam Innes ] [ Charcoal Artist

bwilkinson2313 have you thought about patterned tiles?

I'm loving the vivid pattern and colours inspired by Morocco and the East at the moment. It can be bold and adventurous or more a vintage pastel pallet to set the mood in your kitchen and pick up on the tones in your stone benchtop, furnishings etc.

Tiles I believe are a classic choice for splashbacks and there are many choices but a patterned tile can introduce colour and a statement piece in your new kitchen.

Good luck! :)

• Vy

metal ? something similar to this?

my kitchen is Dulux Elusive gold so I'm a bit bias..

or a metal look glass printed splash back

• Vy
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

• girlguides
    Yes red goes great with black white and beige
  • Gallifrey
    We used these tiles from Southern Cross. Come in lots of colours.
  • PRO
    life.home.creative
    If you have the need to create more light in your kitchen or have an incredible view into your backyard from the kitchen then adding a mirror splash back is elegant and feels like you've added additional space.
    We did this to see our pool and the lights from the city as we love on a hill. It cost $1400 all up and was installed straight over existing tile!

Sorry pics are small but please click to open them!