Houzz Logo Print
pjs33

Is Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo white or off-white?

pjs33
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

My husband and I are embarking on a kitchen remodel and considering Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo for our counter tops. We liked this quartz product best and chose it after a long day of looking at full slabs. But - now that we're home - the small sample that I have is looking cream or off-white. I'm not sure this is compatible with our other plans - white shaker cabinets, a navy island (also shaker), white subway tile back splash, and stainless steel appliances. Our kitchen gets A LOT of sunlight and, while we're not looking for the brightest, purest white for the cabinets and back splash...we're definitely not in the market for cream or off-white. I'd appreciate any advice from those who have installed Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo with white cabinets. What brand/color paint did you use for your cabinets?

Комментарии: 17

• PRO
    Rebecca Quandt Interiors

I just installed this product in one of my projects (in the honed finish). It's definitely white but with gray veining. If you are pairing it with a stark white, I think you will be just fine. This product looks a lot like natural marble, which is paired with white subway tile all the time. I definitely would NOT consider this product "cream" (implying a yellow or beige undertone). If anything, parts of the slab may be more gray, but again, they are simulating a natural stone, which wouldn't be solid paper white either.

Before you purchase, you can always take your cabinet and tile samples to a slab yard and see how it looks in person. But if I were to guess... I think you will be pleased! It'a a gorgeous product!

Peninsula with book-matched waterfall edge.

This kitchen has light gray cabinets (they appear darker in this photo than they really are). Please note that the incandescent lights in this photo is making the slab look a but pink, but you can see the contrast in color where the sunlight is hitting the slab.

The kitchen backsplash was also the Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo. The ceiling is painted a stark white, so you can see how it compares (taking into consideration the shadows).

Here's an overall picture of the kitchen.

It's white!

• PRO
    Marteen Moore Interior Planning

What you should do is revisit the large slab with a sample of the back splash tile, your cabinet color and anything else you have that is going into the kitchen. Then you will know how it will all look together. Small samples are always deceiving and can make you question your decision. Caesarstone has many different colors and variations to choose from. I am sure you will find one you like.

• pjs33
    Автор

Wow, Rebecca - what a beautiful design. You captured everything I love about the Calacatta Nuvo! Thank you for sharing. It's heartening to see how you've used the material and the colors in play. And you're absolutely right, Marteen. I think I could easily alleviate my concerns or simply choose something else if I revisit the large slab with my paint cards and my tile options. It's definitely on tap this weekend. Hopefully, I get the resolution I need and stop all this second-guessing! Thanks very much - I appreciate your thoughts.

• PRO
    Marteen Moore Interior Planning

Do send us pictures of your finished kitchen when its done.

• K
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

It's white, not a bright white and reads slightly gray against bright white cabinets; definitely not cream. There are pics in this thread which have stark white cabinets w/the Calacatta Nuvo counters.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2700827/caesarstone-calacatta

• pjs33
    Автор

Thanks so much, catladyk! I went back to the slabs with my tiles and my paint chips and ultimately decided to use Calacatta Nuvo for the backsplash (obviating the need for subway tiles). And we made the decision this morning to go with Benjamin Moore Simply White (or a cabinet paint shade to match). Warm as it is...it is still very white in our light, bright kitchen. We're moving along with construction now with lots of progress. I'll be sure to share pictures when we're done!

• K

Oh, congrats on your decision!

• slate_15

Our home will be built in the summer next year and we're locking in our selections in the next week or so and we've decided on almost the exact same choices for our kitchen! We've selected BM Simply White on our exterior cabinets and SM Sea Serpent for our island cabinets (also shaker)...and we're also going with an off white subway tile and stainless steel appliances. Problem is we're having a hard time choosing between frosty carrina and calcatta nuvo. We love the veining in the calcatta nuvo but we're worried it will be too warm and ruin the contrast between the exterior cabinets and island cabinets. Can't believe I came across this topic, I would so appreciate some pics!

• PRO
    PaintColorHelp.com Dallas

slate_15, I would be careful about pairing Simply White with anything that has obvious gray-white undertones. That paint color is often more yellow than people realize, once it goes up. (I've just had 2 "emergency" calls on that very issue). I am not super-familiar with all these countertop materials (and even the man-made ones can vary from one lot to another), but I'd say you need something that more mimics real calacatta in terms of color, and not the blue-gray of carrara-look materials. Just my 2c. It is also wise to test your Simply White in a gallon of the real product to be used, paint it out on a giant board or wood scrap. I've found that color (like many super-light hues) sometimes doesn't come out accurately in a sample quart.

• ski4life

What lovely kitchens! pjs33, what lights are those? I'm considering some similar from Cedar & Moss but these I also like.

• ski4life

Also, how in the world does one see the slabs? Our GC has us working with a design center, who works with a fabricator, etc. and I'm trying to see Caesarstone quartz full slabs and can't find a way.

• PRO
    Affordable Stone Benchtops
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 6

We are manufacturers and installers of Calacatta Quartz in Brisbane and would suggest our stock of Calacatta slabs that can be viewed in full slabs at our factury at Affordable Stone : 999 Fairfield Rd, Rocklea . Slabs can be viewed by appointment and savings of approx 30 % off any other similar colour in Brisbane is available.

• PRO

Our sales team can be contacted on 0403082200 to set a viewing time and day including Saturday's.

• PRO

30mm thick Calacatta Nua for the price of 20mm elsewhere at Affordable Stone Benchtops in Rocklea, Brisbane . Call 0403082200 to avail this special one off price End January 2018.

• Raymond Nasto
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Sharing my story to help others who may be facing similar decisions with Caesarstone. My wife and I spent a very long time agonizing over our quartz color decision for our kitchen renovation. Almost went with Cambria Torquay but fell in love with Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo which looked like a perfect match to our dove white cabinets. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed when Calcatta Nuvo was installed about 2 weeks ago and the color was much, much whiter than the sample we had (which was creamy). Here are a couple of examples of the sample compared to our countertop. Caesarstone sent out a rep from their distributor to inspect the color issue, but they have yet to reach out to discuss. This has now delayed our project several weeks and added stress to the entire situation. Their customer service is very disappointing as I’ve called and sent emails without any response. At this point, there is no way I could recommend Caesarstone to a family member or friend.

• Rosanne M.
    в прошлом году

How do you think this counter top and backsplash (nuvo) pairs with a chantilly lace white cabinet?