Houzz Logo Print
alamoee

I hate this rug! Need suggestions please!!

alamoee
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I need a new rug for my living room. This one is just standing in until I find the one. I hate it. Ottoman is also just placeholder for the wooden coffee table we moved out temporarily to baby proof the home. Open concept home makes it difficult. I've included pictures of the other two rugs in the vicinity.

Комментарии: 16

• kathydmorgan
    I really like both carpets. I agree with the previous comment.
    To me, grey is right up there with black and white. I'm not sure the carpet will be the showpiece of the room. The carpet would take second place to your accent pillows and accessories.

I think if you want the carpet to be the show piece, it needs to have colour and / or texture.
    alamoee поблагодарил(а): kathydmorgan
  • Junee Bug
    Wow your house reminded me of mine especially with all the windows, I actually have similar rug as yours only in gray. I ended up bringing in another color in the gray mix other than yellow accent because I have gray sofas and walls. Would you consider bringing in royal blue or aqua as another accent with your yellow? You can also bring in some color from art and window coverings as an option. I like the rugs you've picked so far, the second one with stripe would work with your modern furniture than the first. Good luck, your house looks good! ;)
    alamoee поблагодарил(а): Junee Bug
  • Angela E

I don't have any advice on the rug but I'd get rid of the chevron pillows and anything chevron. It's getting dated if you know what I mean. It was cute once upon a time. I know from personal experience. What once was hip has now gone to cutesie mom-blog status.

alamoee поблагодарил(а): Angela E
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

alamoee поблагодарил(а): BeverlyFLADeziner
  • havingfun

Wade Logan Bancroft Gold Ikat Area Rug | AllModern · Еще

Natural Pearlized, Beige 12"x14" Cotton Linen Lumbar Pillow Cover · Еще

Bungalow Rose Mellah Indoor/Outdoor Lumbar Pillow & Reviews | Wayfair · Еще

Amazon.com: Evei Big Gold Flowers Pattern Gray Color Cotton Home Decorative Thro · Еще

Eden Pillow Cover, Yellow · Еще

Amazon.com: yellow decorative pillows - Decorative Pillows, Inserts & Covers / B · Еще
    let me know when you want me to take down.

alamoee поблагодарил(а): havingfun
  • havingfun

Opus Contemporary Curves Area Rug, Cream by Lavish Home · Еще

alamoee поблагодарил(а): havingfun
  • cctuttle

Chevron is classic and what can be seen of it, the chevron rug looks great. I agree though with a change in throw pillows. You need some strong color accents to bring some life to the gray which I love by the way. Consider a natural color jute or sisal rug. The color and texture will compliment the gray. The yellow ottoman is a great look with gray and will also go well with a natural sisal rug. Pier 1 has many great pillows to choose from. Can't seem to get the pics to upload but here is a link to one that could work for you http://www.pier1.com/tropical-embroidered-palm-leaves-green-pillow/3056769.html?cgid=pillows#nav=tile&icid=cat_pillows_cushions-category_tile_pillows&start=1&sz=300&showAll=605

alamoee поблагодарил(а): cctuttle
  • smm5525

alamoee поблагодарил(а): smm5525
  • alamoee
    Автор

Appreciate the feedback! Agree on the chevron, those pillows came with the couches a few years (eeek) and definitely need replacing. Here is the coffee table I was planning to put back in the room.

• Geneviève

Luxe Weavers Abstract Modern Area Rug, Gray, 7'6"x10'6" · Еще

• Geneviève

Danny Ivan "Lafaye" Teal Red Throw Pillow, 16"x16" · Еще

• cctuttle

Agree sisal is rough for little crawlers. There are natural fiber rugs made of cotton that are soft and textural (but not high pile like shag) I would bring in pattern with throw pillows and keep the rug fairly simple. Love the yellow silk pillow but little slobberers leave spots on silk so maybe not so practical for now..

Safavieh Natural Fiber Collection NF450 Rug, Natural/Ivory, 8' X 10' · Еще

6'x6' may / probably too small but you get the idea
    Natural Fiber Rug, Natural, 6'x6' Square · Еще

• PRO
    User

I used this rug in one of my projects. It's woven of strips of recycled silk and is wonderfully soft. As for durability, it was designed for use at a cottage!

Living and dining room in gray · Еще

• havingfun

hi, remember let me know if you want me to take things down, i have a week to do it.

on the rugs, i have 2 thoughts on the rug. indoor/outdoor are pretty impressive. but they tend not to be as comfortable. I have allergies, sloppy relatives, cats, and dogs. So i go to the local big flooring store and buy a piece from there, they are normally solid color, think more boring. on the plus side, i figured out how to get the softest one, far more comfortable then the average rug, at least in my price range. and you can often get a huge one for under $100. I use a couple years then donate to local shelter. no guilt at all.

• PRO
    Q Design Services
    I like your rug! However my first thought was that everything looks a bit cramped the way the sofas are positioned on the rug. You could try pulling the rug out and turning it around so it is more horizontal. Leave a gap approx 30cm or 1ft between the edge of the sofas and the rug.
    If you wanted to change your cushions, having solid colours with texture instead of pattern would make your rug become the feature of the room and less busy. A blue/ grey would look amazing with the mustard colours in the room. Here's a photo of mine to show what I mean about the rug positioning.