Houzz Logo Print
mclane

Looking for custom modern range hood manufacturer

mclane
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

About to get started on our remodel and looking for an alternate range hood vendor. Originally, I was considering ModernAire, however, they don't really offer an
aged/patina black steel option. Most of the black colors are powder-coated. Any suggestions for another
vendor/fabricator? Attached photo would be the style I'm interested (including the backsplash) but in 36" wide. Thank you in advance!

House of Bricks · Еще

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    ARCHI-TEXTUAL, PLLC
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I recommend you install a hood insert (available from various hood manufacturers, and have a custom enclosure built and clad with hot rolled black steel. You can purchase cold or hot rolled sheets of black steel (cut to size) here: http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/hrsteel2.phtml?page=sheet&LimAcc=%20&aident= and many other online vendors who will ship directly to your location.

• mclane
    Автор

Thank you and good suggestion! I actually have access to a
    shop (family business) but it's located 2 hours from here and wasn't
    sure if it would be more trouble for them than having a company who does this
    full-time fabricate the unit. As I'm researching though, I'm going to
    have to go the family route (and your suggestion) because the prices are
    just too high otherwise. Thanks for the link and the nudge to take
    advantage of what I already have access to!

• Stan B

Did you talk to ModernAire or just look at their website? They were very helpful when I was considering them (but we decided to go a different direction in design). If you haven't called them and told them what you want I'd recommend you do so.

mclane поблагодарил(а): Stan B
  • mclane
    Автор

Stan Z, I did call them regarding the finishes. Sometimes it doesn't
    hurt to call again and get another person on the phone :) I'm also
    still looking into fabricating it ourselves as this seems to be a huge
    cost savings.

• friedajune

Mclane - a company called Handcrafted Metal will do whatever you want in a hood. In the link I am providing, check out their finishes under "Zinc & Steel" or "Bronze" for a finish like the photo you provided, Sometimes their website has bugs in it, so if you can't see something, just give them a call.

I bought a custom sink from them and think it's great. Handcrafted Metal items are pricey, but they are custom, and you get what you pay for.

Hancrafted Metal Custom Range Hoods

mclane поблагодарил(а): friedajune
Sponsored