Houzz Logo Print
millerpoo

Help with window surround

Jemima Jabb
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I am struggling with wooden frame around my windows - they were treated with a very orange wood stain & rather than going through the process of sanding we have tried to create a 'limed' effect but it looks awful - see photos. It looks like unfinished primer!

Help - any advice gratefully received. We will have a wooden pale beech floor & white walls. The windows are white plastic - trying to loose the contrast between them & the very orange wood.

thanks

Комментарии: 5

• pdando
    Just paint the wood white on the window wall,the Windows should blend into the wall .
  • PRO
    User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Well the sandiing had to rear it's ugly head sometime! Sand them down and paint them either the wall colour or white to match the windows to make them blend in. I'd also do the other room the same and the doors, other wise you're still going to look like you have two different styles. Everything all the same or not at all.

You'll make it look a lot more spacious by toning down a good proportion of the wood. I'd do the Velux's too.

• Daisy England
    I've seen this 'orange' finish on new builds. Not the nicest colour. I'd sand it off and start again. Do it at this stage because if you don't you'll just keep looking at it and wishing you had.
  • Susan
    Sand it off and start again. It won't take long if you use a sander.
  • PRO
    GNTS Decor

slightly off your question, but are you thinking of curtains after the work is done? Might be nice to add some privacy and to soften the room!