Houzz Logo Print
mutleyracers

Garden Design

mutleyracers
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
We are in the process of clearing out the jungle of a garden we received with our house. We know what we want. well kind of any way. We would like it to be for entertaining, great play area for kids and some where to relax. Maybe wildlife friendly. We just not sure how to marry these all together so any advice will be great. I have attached a couple of pics so you can see kind of what we have. We will put pen to paper tomorrow to try and design something but it will be tough as we tend to disagree a lot.

Комментарии: 7

• Ocean Clarke

Wow - this is an amazing space to work with! There is just so many possibilities. What ideas have you explored as yet?

• mutleyracers
    Автор
    It is quite a big space. we would like some kind of deck. Red Cedar possibly with brick rendered wall. An outside fireplace with pizza oven and cold and hot smoker connected to it. A sunken trampoline and a track that goes around the garden for the kids. Maybe even a small garden cabin for friends to stay in. So a lot to plan. eek.
  • Ocean Clarke

The outside fireplace sounds dreamy! Definitely a lot to plan but some great ideas already. The stories below might also give you a few ideas!

https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/how-to-make-a-wow-style-statement-outdoors-stsetivw-vs~48497391

https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/10-creative-ways-to-add-interest-to-your-garden-stsetivw-vs~45322008

• mutleyracers
    Автор
    I have seen a few fire places on here which get me very excited. One moment I love red brick and the next I love Rendered and painted white. So many decisions to make. For the back fence I am looking at a nice red cedar construction with some preached hornbeam to finish off above the fence level. Thank you for the info. I shall sit down with my wife tonight and look through it.
  • mutleyracers
    Автор
    it's supposed to say pleached and not preached hornbeam
  • PRO
    Wilson Associates Garden Design

A deck across the back of the house would be fantastic if using cedar for the deck and screen at the bottom would tie the two together try to minimise the palette of materials used e.g. 2-3.

The ivy on the bottom fence is really good for birds and pollinators so please try and retain if you can it also helps to screen!

The pile of logs could also be used to make log piles for insects which your kids and pick up and inspect the creepy crawlies! they can also be cut down to create some really inventive screens/textures or for solitary bees. The log wall pictures below are from a show garden we built the garden room is now my studio!

Birds really need tree cover to protect from predators so any hedging or trees would be really good.