Houzz Logo Print
lisa_deramo

Help decorating this piece

Lisa DeRamo
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Does anyone have advice on how to decorate this piece of furniture that I painted? It's going to go in my entry hall. I picked up this lantern from
pier1 today and it looks nice on it but it needs more. Any suggestions?

Комментарии: 7

• Lisa DeRamo
    Автор
    Thanks! I thought of a nice plant also. I have a grouping of 4 canvases going above the dresser. I'll try to find a pic !
  • chloebud

Perfect!

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.

Try to find a carved & gilt mirror, hang that above the chest. Voila, you have a smashing entry foyer!

• PRO
    Advantage Services Construction

I have a small silver tray on my (similar) dresser for keys and other small items by the entry. I agree with Gray & Walter, a mirror with a carved frame would look great here!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    You might want to put a nice candle in that glass insert coordinating with your other pieces. On one hand I like a metal tray, but I also hate clutter at front entry. So I would put something in the top drawer for the "drop" place. The entry could benefit from a larger coordinated rug that goes from front door further into entry space. The rug? On the floor to the right in picture looks like a tripping hazard. Maybe it is temporary?
  • Lisa DeRamo
    Автор
    That's actually a drop cloth that I used for painting lol. I do have a new rug for the hallway.