Houzz Logo Print
eilidhmca

Light fitting for low ceiling

eilidhmca
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Looking at buying a cottage which has low ceilings throughout, particularly at first floor! The ceiling is only 2.1m. What type of ceiling light would work in this space, the current fitting I really don't like and don't want to put spotlights in. (Sorry for poor photo!)

Комментарии: 11

• Stephen Edwards

Your choice may be limited, although there are some shallow fittings about, any decent lighting store should have a selection. You don't have to have a ceiling fitting at all, you could have wall-light uplighters, table-lamps or standard-lamps.

• Igor Pelehh
    Perhaps something like this? It has a mirror base which makes the ceiling look higher. Standing or wall lights shooting up into gloss ceiling as well?
  • eilidhmca
    Автор
    That's really helpful thank you all - I think I'm siding towards the no ceiling light whatsoever and use floorlamps and up lighters. Thanks :)
  • PRO
    The Bulb Co
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi eilidhmca, we have a range of floorlamps, wall lights and up-lighters available on our website www.thebulbco.com but you can always email us at info@thebulbco.com or give us a call on 0161 737 7333 if you need any more advice.

• Jonathan
    If the budget allows you could also vault your upstairs rooms to increase the feeling of space
  • PRO
    The Lighting Company

I agree, I think sometimes we all just put up a central light because the wiring is already there. Wall lights, floor lamps and table lamps create a great ambiance to a room.

However having said this if it does cost too much to change the wiring we do have a fab selection of ceiling lights specifically for low ceilings that might fit the bill. https://www.lightingcompany.co.uk/ceiling-lights-c3/lighting-for-low-ceilings-c11 

Take a look at the website www.lightingcompany.co.uk for more ideas for ceiling, wall and occasional lamps!

• PRO
    Couch Potato Company
  • PRO
    Burchdaume

We agree with James above - do away with it altogether and use uplighting instead.

• PRO
    GHS Special Projects

Totally agree with St James Design Interiors Ltd as uplighting can create the lighting that you are looking at and in particular our architectural/coving lighting is very popular with our clients as it is totally bespoke so can be made to fit in with your room. If you would like to have a look over these they can be found here: Architectural Hand Made Mouldings but if you need any more information then please let us know and I can send you over some more details.

• Marisol Garces
    This John Lewis light might do the trick. It throws a beautiful pattern on the ceiling when it's on.