Houzz Logo Print
swolfcg

The perfect crisp white ceiling paint

Steph
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I'm trying to narrow down which white to re-paint my condo's ceiling. I picked up a can of Vista Ceiling paint and it seems too white. I've been using BM White Dove in Pearl for my bathrooms, but it seems just a tad too dark/dingy in my main living space, compared to what is currently up on the ceiling.

What's a good white that is brighter than White Dove, but without a strong grey, pink, or yellow undertone? I looked at atrium online and some same it has a pink undertone.

I'm repainting all my walls in Thunder, after I get the ceiling right.

New Color-Thunder. Already started in the kitchen, will continue after I repair and paint the ceiling.

Комментарии: 13

• Jennifer Havin

just did thunder in our great room, decorator white on ceiling and trim

love love love it

• Steph
    Автор

Really? I thought about it but based on this chart someone compiled, Decorator White is darker than White Dove. I think I need to compare their LRVs. Interesting. They have the same LRV. So which one is whiter or is it just undertone difference?

http://thelandofcolor.com/top-12-benjamin-moore-whites-order-whiteness/

• Jennifer Havin

our whole house, trim and ceilings decorator white, it's a great color and looks good with the greige's . we have weimaraner in the basement, I'll try to post a picture, but you know how monitors can be.

• Steph
    Автор

Thanks, I guess I'll pick up a couple of sample and try them too.

• Jennifer Havin

here it is in basement, it does have a grey undertone, but I like it

• Steph
    Автор

Is that next to thunder? It reads very dark brown on my screen.

I think my issue is that I'm seeing other whites against my older whiter ceiling. I have no idea what they originally painted by ceiling, but it definitely has a grey undertone and is now duller than bright white ceiling paint.

A designer suggested I use Swiss coffee for trim, but that seems way too off-white. I already used the color on my cabinets, so I know what it looks like.

• Jennifer Havin
    that's against weimaraner which is a shade darker than thunder, and lighting is dark right now. yes, it's hard to see against an old color the best thing is to get samples. I am a big fan of white dove, which is more creamy imo, and then we went with decorators which reads more bright
  • Steph
    Автор

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. I'll try a sample to see. By chance, do you think Cloud White might work too?

Is Rockly Bily trying to tell me something? I decluttered all holiday weekend. Just dropped off a boat load at goodwill this afternoon. I guess I need to keep working on that...

• PRO
    FK Interior Design

One of my favorite whites is Benjamin Moore Decorator's White. It's just beautiful in any light next to any color.

Firoozeh

FK Interiors

Steph поблагодарил(а): FK Interior Design
  • Steph
    Автор

If you use Decorator's White on Ceiling, should the same color be used on trim/crown molding?

And does it mater that my cabinets were painted in swiss coffee? As in, would it make sense to use the same color for trim, or just layer the whites in the room.

• Steph
    Автор

Oh my! Yes that is very helpful. Decorator's White looks perfect. I have about the same palate in my home, including creamy white cabinets. Looks like the white trim will work next to it. I don't want to paint all my trim Swiss Coffee to match my cabinets, like my designer suggested.

Thank you!

• PRO
    Annie Santulli Designs

I would go with Benjamin Moore Decorators white with white trim.